VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:03:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nine  (Read 3453 times)
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« on: May 14, 2013, 01:25:57 EDT »

Is the number of Game left the Memphis Grizzles have to win for a NBA Championship. Maybe alittle overly optimistic but I think they can do it Doubt most of the board cares about the Grizz but for those who do its getting closer.

GO GRIZZLES & VOLS!!!  
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 03:41:06 EDT by RipleyVol12 » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 01:51:24 EDT »

The Grizz has certainly benefited from a weakened Western Conference. I'm not sure they could win a series with the Thunder at full strength. Next they'll get a Spurs team that is too banged up to win the Western Conference Finals. That's assuming the Spurs get by Golden State, which is looking somewhat doubtful at the moment.

Unfortunately for Memphis, all roads go through Miami at this point. Much as I despise everything about the Heat, I don't think anyone can beat them.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 04:36:12 EDT »

I am right there with you.  Was up till midnight last night watching.  This team is fun to watch...they never quit.

Creek - not sure I agree with you about the weakened Western conference.  Year in and year out the West is alot better than the east.  The top 5 seeds in the west were separated by a handful of games in the Win/Loss coumn during the regular season....when everyone was at full strength.  You play the hand you are dealt in the playoffs and injuries are part of it.  The Griz lost Zach Randoplh last year in the playoffs....Rudy Gay the year before.

Also, the Grizz have been competitive with the heat the past two seasons.  Would be an interesting series I think...but way to early to be looking that far ahead.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 05:32:12 EDT »

Creek- The Heat with Lebron have beat the Grizz once in the last 3 year's and that was during a 27 game winning streak. The Grizz have one two of the three game they have won by 15 or more. They can go toe to toe with the Heat without a doubt. I know that's looking way ahead but still. Also on beating the Thunder at full strength 2 of 3 I'm the regular season so its very doable.

GO GRIZZLIES & VOLS!   
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 05:34:51 EDT »

I am right there with you.  Was up till midnight last night watching.  This team is fun to watch...they never quit.

Creek - not sure I agree with you about the weakened Western conference.  Year in and year out the West is alot better than the east.  The top 5 seeds in the west were separated by a handful of games in the Win/Loss coumn during the regular season....when everyone was at full strength.  You play the hand you are dealt in the playoffs and injuries are part of it.  The Griz lost Zach Randoplh last year in the playoffs....Rudy Gay the year before.

I'm just saying if the Thunder and the Spurs were both at full strength, there is no way the Grizz could win both series. One of them, possibly, but not both.
101stDad
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:51:29 EDT »

Nine. Nine. Nine. 

Would have been interesting. 
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:06:44 EDT »

AMEN!  101...thought I would put that in before it gets moved!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2013, 01:36:58 EDT »

I'm backing the San Antonio Spurs,myself. My Dad unfortunately is a Miami Heat fan

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2013, 03:11:11 EDT »

I'm backing the San Antonio Spurs,myself. My Dad unfortunately is a Miami Heat fan

I've been a Spurs fan since I was a kid watching David Robinson. It's the only reason I still watch NBA. But they're just too old to handle the rigors of playoff basketball. I don't think they'll make it out of the G.S. series.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: