VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:12:53 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Game of Thrones" viewers...  (Read 12899 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2013, 06:32:30 EDT »

Without giving anything away, don't plan on getting to bed at 10:00 tonight.  You're going to need some time to process this episode.  In fact, you might want to take off work tomorrow. 

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 08:04:16 EDT »

So, they're ramping up the gratuitous violence and nudity?  Excellent!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 08:21:02 EDT »

So, they're ramping up the gratuitous violence and nudity?  Excellent!

Yes, to at least one of those.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 10:19:57 EDT »

Meh. I have read all the books.  A female friend recommended it to me.  Read all 5 in a 3-week period in April.     Didn't get a lot else done, lol.

I assume this is the "red wedding" episode.....(semi spoiler).   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 12:27:01 EDT »

Meh. I have read all the books.  A female friend recommended it to me.  Read all 5 in a 3-week period in April.     Didn't get a lot else done, lol.

I assume this is the "red wedding" episode.....(semi spoiler).   

It looks like this is the RW, from what everyone is saying.  If not tonight, then definitely next week. 

I just finished the 3rd book.  Will probably get started on the 4th this weekend.

VOLveeta
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 04:45:53 EDT »

Holy. Crap.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 06:05:41 EDT »

Amazing.

And only one more episode left this season.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 11:53:46 EDT »

Wow.  I knew what was coming, and it was still one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 02:19:09 EDT »

When I first read about the Red Wedding in the book, I was dumbfounded.  In my mind, I had a completely different story line playing out. Having read all the books released so far, I have a new theory which will probably get shot down.
VOLveeta
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 08:40:25 EDT »

There appear to be some very traumatized viewers!

]http://io9.com/the-100-best-tweets-about-last-nights-game-of-thrones-511003444?fb_action_ids=10102852766669589&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map={%2210102852766669589%22%3A314759861989287}&action_type_map={%2210102852766669589%22%3A%22og.likes%22}&action_ref_map=[]
VOLveeta
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2013, 08:55:03 EDT »

Has a TV show ever had this kind of effect on people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:17 EDT »

Says a lot about the current state of humanity.
VOLveeta
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 10:17:19 EDT »

I think it simply says... this show is awesome and very consuming.  I think the fact that TV is having a major renaissance is a positive.  Maybe the Snooky's and Donald Trumps will fade away for real storytelling.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 10:29:02 EDT »

I think it simply says... this show is awesome and very consuming.  I think the fact that TV is having a major renaissance is a positive.  Maybe the Snooky's and Donald Trumps will fade away for real storytelling.

It's a phenomenal show, and the author and screenwriters have no fear. You certainly don't have time to get bored with the characters . . . nor is the story ever predictable. Last night we all just got punched in the gut again.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 12:11:39 EDT »

Well, I was hoping for gratuitous nudity... 

I figured it was the Red Wedding.  Now that all the good guys and gals have been killed off I hope they start taking out the baddies - starting with the blonde punk on the throne.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 01:10:39 EDT »

I figured it was the Red Wedding.  Now that all the good guys and gals have been killed off I hope they start taking out the baddies - starting with the blonde punk on the throne.

Katie Holmes should've let that little fizzleer die in Batman Begins.

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:11 EDT »

There are several shows that I find awesome and consuming. Some a lot of those tweets suggest some folks who have real issues. Threatening death -- even facetiously -- to someone because they killed off a fictional character on a fictional show? Cursing tirades? People who are literally in tears? That's just bizarre. And, again, it tells me a lot about where we stand as a society.
Ridge Runner
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 02:04:06 EDT »

It's a phenomenal show, and the author and screenwriters have no fear. You certainly don't have time to get bored with the characters . . . nor is the story ever predictable. Last night we all just got punched in the gut again.

I've never read the books, and I won't saw I was able to predict exactly what would happen, but I had a feeling some bad things were going to happen when Robb visited Walder Frey's, but I didn't think it would be all that. Golly Gee Willikers.

At any rate, I'm going to miss Robb's wife (can't remember her character name). She can tame my dragon anytime. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:40:17 EDT »

Has a TV show ever had this kind of effect on people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78juOpTM3tE

Not to this extent, I don't think.  Among shows I watch, the only thing I can compare it to is a certain episode of Sons of Anarchy from last season.  But this was 10 times worse.  If GoT were on network or basic cable, and thus watched by more people, last night probably would've been the biggest TV phenomenon since "Who shot JR?".  Of course, if it were on network or basic cable, then it wouldn't be Game of Thrones.

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2013, 04:30:32 EDT »

Between Game of Thrones & Boardwalk Empire, I don't really keep up with any other shows on TV. The last one I was following this much was Lost.  For now, GOT & Boardwalk are enough for me.  My wife hates the cost of HBO for our monthly bill but I refuse to let it be cancelled.  I don't think I could go back to basic cable shows again.  HBO has spoiled me.
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2013, 05:10:04 EDT »

The Bridge starts on FX next month.
VOLveeta
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2013, 05:21:40 EDT »

I've never read the books, and I won't saw I was able to predict exactly what would happen, but I had a feeling some bad things were going to happen when Robb visited Walder Frey's, but I didn't think it would be all that. Golly Gee Willikers.

At any rate, I'm going to miss Robb's wife (can't remember her character name). She can tame my dragon anytime. 

DUDE!!!  I so agree, I think she is so very gorgeous.  And BTW, did you know that the actress is Charlie Chaplin's Grand daughter?  That is Oona Chaplin.  He was married to Eugene O'Neill's daughter, Oona O'Neill, hence the name Oona.  Man, what a gorgeous woman.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2013, 02:06:12 EDT »

My favorite comment:  "Game of Thrones, a show for those who just can't handle the sunny optimism of Walking Dead". 

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2013, 04:11:47 EDT »

Well yeah, and you can say the same about a whole bunch of college football fans.  Do keep in mind that many of those tweets - I won't say all, lol - are intended to be humorous or ironic.  There was one death threat in there and it's easy to tell the guy was not being serious.  One of my faves.....

My mom just busted in the bathroom WHILE I am taking a bubble bath to scream about game of thrones ........woman. you're nuts.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2013, 04:16:25 EDT »

Tune in for the last show, from what I hear, you might like it.   

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: