VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:25:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is anyone else feeling it?  (Read 3377 times)
Creek Walker
« on: June 05, 2013, 11:34:31 EDT »

I'm having trouble tempering my excitement and it's only the first week of June. Not good.

The only thing that puts a damper on things is the fact that I don't have the time or resources to travel to away games and our home schedule this season absolutely S-U-C-K-S. (For once, I really wish the Ol' Ball Coach was influential enough to win over his fellow coaches and we could add a 9th game to the SEC schedule. Putting a bunch of cupcakes on the non-conference schedule really bites.) There's nothing about our home schedule that excites me, other than the two obvious — Georgia and USCe. I doubt I'll get season tickets this year for that reason.

But I'm jonesin' for some football, nonetheless. (Hey, I didn't really think about it until I typed it - seriously - but that's kinda a fun new pun for UT fans. ) I have no expectations for this season because I think Butch would have to be a miracle-worker to achieve anything better than 7-5. Our roster is just too depleted to stand a chance against Florida, Alabama or Oregon on the road, and there isn't a team in the SEC East that we can expect a cakewalk against, with the possible exception of Kentucky. In fact, I had to reel in my expectations even more after watching the spring game, even after all the excitement it generated. I'm really excited, though, to see if he can generate enough momentum to build on this nice start to the recruiting season. It's another reminder of how far we've sunk in such a short time, but an 8-win season (counting a bowl win) and a top 10 recruiting class would work wonders for this program.

I really see nothing right now that makes me thing Jones was a bad hire (caution: I also thought Dooley was a good hire at this same point in his tenure), and that makes me greatly anticipate the season even though UT is probably going to continue to be a doormat for at least one more year.
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2013, 12:33:45 EDT »

I too am feeling it!!! Been years since i was this optimistic.  May attend my first game since Coach Fulmer's last year. Seems i am hanging on the edge of my seat with each new commitment.  Good to be back in the swing.   Before you know it, SEC fan and bamaperry will be in here again.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2013, 12:39:46 EDT »

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:30 EDT »

Thought the same thing as I was riding down the road listening to sports radio talking about baseball PED's, hockey, and Lebron.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2013, 04:41:48 EDT »

If CBJ can go 6-6 and get us to a 'Who Cares Bowl'.... then he needs a raise and an extension! JMO
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2013, 05:29:14 EDT »

Not really feeling that excited because I don't think we will be that great this fall.  I can wait, really.

I am very encouraged by the recruiting...so far, but I hope it continues.  Heck, I hope it continues for years and years to come.     A definite step in the right direction, but we need at least a couple years like this - if it holds up - to be back.

I will be very much looking forward to watching the improvement on D.  The cupboard is almost bare in places but we just....can't....do any worse than last year.      It reminds me of the running game two years ago.  There was no place to go but up.

We will be fortunate to finish at or above 500....and I am looking forward to it, but not that excited.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2013, 03:28:17 EDT »

Agree, sad for a lifetime Vols fan to admit I will be happy with 6-6, but thinking beyond that is asking for a miracle.  That said----I believe in miracles!

If CBJ can go 6-6 and get us to a 'Who Cares Bowl'.... then he needs a raise and an extension! JMO

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2013, 03:34:47 EDT »

That said----I believe in miracles!

Like this one?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOXrjUGBIIM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/oOXrjUGBIIM</a>

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2013, 04:07:17 EDT »

Dang you Clockwork!!!! You brought tears to my eyes with that reminder. That was on my birthday and what a great birthday it was. When the clock hit 00:00 I hit my wife so hard in the back I knocked her down about 6 rows and then hugged everyone I could find. It took me 2 hours to find her after that.  
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 03:45:52 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2013, 04:26:21 EDT »

Dang, I miss John Ward.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: