VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:27:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hobbit part 2 trailer  (Read 4249 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2013, 08:57:06 EDT »

Looks good

http://www.thehobbit.com/index.html
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:12:52 EDT »

I don't want to be a downer because I'm excited for this movie, but parts of that trailer looked 100% like a cartoon. Look at 1:23 to 1:28. Am I crazy?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2013, 10:24:34 EDT »

No you aren't. I thought the first hobbit was too much CGI overload as well, especially some of the goblins.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 10:26:46 EDT »

No you aren't. I thought the first hobbit was too much CGI overload as well, especially some of the goblins.

I agree re: CGI overload, but some of this doesn't even look like they're trying for realism. Makes me wonder if some of this is mid-processing rather than finished scenes.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 01:22:02 EDT »

I agree re: CGI overload, but some of this doesn't even look like they're trying for realism. Makes me wonder if some of this is mid-processing rather than finished scenes.

Likely. This is the first teaser, I doubt the movie's final editing is done.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:03 EDT »

Likely. This is the first teaser, I doubt the movie's final editing is done.

Hopefully so. I'm still pumped to see it.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:36:23 EDT »

Honestly, I wasn't really impressed with The Hobbit.  Seemed a bit boring to me.  Of course, I thought same about the first LOTR movie as well, and the next two blew me away.  So maybe The Hobbit will do the same.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:24 EDT »

Speaking as someone who's never read the books and had never even seen LOTR until I bought the blu ray set a couple of years ago, in a weird way the Hobbit held my attention better somehow than LOTR.  I think the LOTR was just overwhelming, just sensory overload upon first viewing.  Loved them all, but I had to watch the LOTR trilogy in many viewing sessions.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 07:03:15 EDT »

Speaking as someone who's never read the books and had never even seen LOTR until I bought the blu ray set a couple of years ago, in a weird way the Hobbit held my attention better somehow than LOTR.  I think the LOTR was just overwhelming, just sensory overload upon first viewing.  Loved them all, but I had to watch the LOTR trilogy in many viewing sessions.

I can tell you that they have really reached more on the Hobbit, the book is barely enough for one movie.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 06:38:44 EDT »

Test

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 06:40:23 EDT »

Test
Massive FAIL

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 06:44:03 EDT »

Massive FAIL

My test was quite successful 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: