VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 06:37:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just back from another victory in court..........  (Read 2261 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2013, 09:40:34 EDT »

This time it was Probate Court. Families fighting over estates. This was an estate worth about half a million dollars and they were fighting over $4250.00. Gotta love it.

These things always confirm Rule #1.  Rule #1 says: People suck.

Oh, and I made a woman cry again today. That's three in my last three hearings. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 10:10:38 EDT »

Reminds me of Uncle Si, everything is rule #1.    
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 01:17:48 EDT »

[quote

Oh, and I made a woman cry again today. That's three in my last three hearings. 
[/quote]

Sounds appropriate for the profession. Carry on.   

G
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2013, 12:45:23 EDT »

I'm going to sic Ms Aldridge on you. 

101stDad
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 04:24:32 EDT »

So, did you celebrate your making a woman cry with a nice Merlot?   
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2013, 07:50:41 EDT »

Droner,

When I was little and told my Momma I was going to college, she told me that no matter what I studied to become that she would be proud of me. Except if I became a lawyer.

She despised lawyers because she had to fight with them so long and hard to get the insurance company to pay the death benefits on a life insurance policy my father had. It was bad enough my dad died in an auto accident, but they claimed he was at fault so they did not owe anything. The accident report assigned no blame, but it still took 9 months to settle. Then the company cancelled the auto and homeowner's policies. Momma never had to go to court, but they sure made her cry. She sold the house and we moved back to Tennessee. Until the day she died 4 years ago, she never said a kind word about lawyers.

Anyway, I graduated with a BSME and have been an engineer for 40 years. I still dislike most lawyers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: