VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 07:49:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Book 'em Danno!  (Read 3666 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2013, 04:16:16 EDT »

I forgot about this one earlier in the week

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/79v97DcIU98" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/79v97DcIU98</a>

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:31:44 EDT »

In another "Gawd, I feel so old moment", I remember when this song was new and played on AM radio. Yes young pups, there was no FM radio where I lived. And we had a black-and-white TV with 4 channels. And they went off the air by 1:00 AM.  Oh, the humanity!!!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 05:33:10 EDT »

In another "Gawd, I feel so old moment", I remember when this song was new and played on AM radio. Yes young pups, there was no FM radio where I lived. And we had a black-and-white TV with 4 channels. And they went off the air by 1:00 AM.  Oh, the humanity!!!

I was 13-14 before we got a color TV....I was so excited I stayed inside and even watched Soap Operas all afternoon.

All the local AM stations around us went off the air at night or you couldn't pick them up after sundown because they reduced their power so all of us had to change the channel to WLS out of Chicago.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 08:27:07 EDT by Tnphil » Logged
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 05:42:22 EDT »

I was 13-14 before we got a color TV....I was so excited I stayed inside and even watch Soap Operas all afternoon.

All the local AM stations around us went off the air at night or you couldn't pick them up after sundown because the reduced their power so all of us had to change the channel to WLS out of Chicago.
Not to mention the F Layer of the ionosphere (why the power must be reduced at nightfall) and/or scattered E Layer.

In a previous life I analyzed vertical and oblique ionosounds to determine operating frequency/frequencies of a certain device.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Navol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 11:00:06 EDT »

Not to mention the F Layer of the ionosphere (why the power must be reduced at nightfall) and/or scattered E Layer.

In a previous life I analyzed vertical and oblique ionosounds to determine operating frequency/frequencies of a certain device.

Govspeak for Sigint weinie?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 11:01:38 EDT by Navol » Logged

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 12:08:45 EDT »

I had an battery AM transistor radio (that's what it was called)  that I used to listen to at night to go to sleep to. I listed to the clear channel AM stations after the local ones went off the air.  I listened to WLAC (R&B music), WWL? [I think this was station] (had a blues and delta blues segments), and WLS (Top 40). I listened to a lot of the music that all 1950s and 1960s Rock and Roll developed from. So when Rock & Roll blossomed in 1960s, I knew where it came from.
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 12:44:22 EDT »

Govspeak for Sigint weinie?

LOL..... on a trawler in the Bering Strait.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2013, 02:38:21 EDT »

I had an battery AM transistor radio (that's what it was called)  that I used to listen to at night to go to sleep to. I listed to the clear channel AM stations after the local ones went off the air.  I listened to WLAC (R&B music), WWL? [I think this was station] (had a blues and delta blues segments), and WLS (Top 40). I listened to a lot of the music that all 1950s and 1960s Rock and Roll developed from. So when Rock & Roll blossomed in 1960s, I knew where it came from.

Isn't that the station that had the DJ named Wolf with the deep gravely voice? In Louisiana, you could pick it up late at night. Love, love, love blues.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2013, 09:45:05 EDT »

In another "Gawd, I feel so old moment", I remember when this song was new and played on AM radio. Yes young pups, there was no FM radio where I lived. And we had a black-and-white TV with 4 channels. And they went off the air by 1:00 AM.  Oh, the humanity!!!

Hush !  you feel old I was 13 before we had our first TV and a movie was only 10 cents to get in then !      turn this into an old woman  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: