VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:11:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two Ohio state players in trouble  (Read 3179 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2013, 08:04:25 EDT »

starting CB Bradley Roby arrested for battery

tailback Carlos Hyde arrested and booted for hitting a 17 year old girl in the face.

There are some rumors that Von Bell has also gotten in some trouble.

1% of 1%.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 08:18:12 EDT by Volznut » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 08:18:05 EDT »

Corch Meyers rears some fine players... 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 08:27:40 EDT »

Corch Meyers rears some fine players... 

Really? I didn't know he was that way

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:57 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 09:08:09 EDT »

You've seen those pictures with Tebow...cmon man

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 01:16:35 EDT »

Doyel's take on Meyer:

http://www.cbssports.com/general/blog/gregg-doyel/22847385/id-like-to-believe-in-urban-meyer-but-i-cant-not-yet
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2013, 03:46:28 EDT »

Here's the official OSU release:

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer today suspended senior running back Carlos Hyde, from Naples, Fla., from all football team activities pending the bribing of the witnesses outcome of the student code of conduct and criminal investigations. Hyde was named in a City of Columbus Police Department report that was issued Monday because Coach Meyer has yet to find Columbus's version of Huntley Johnson.

Meyer also took disciplinary action Monday against two freshmen who were involved in legal issues in the past week: tight end Marcus Baugh, from Riverside, Calif., and defensive lineman Tim Gardner, from Indianapolis. He also announced that senior cornerback Bradley Roby, from Suwanee, Ga., will not attend Big Ten media days this week (Ouch!  That's gonna sting.). Roby was involved in a legal issue this weekend in Bloomington, Ind., and, as more information becomes available, could face additional discipline- OK, I couldn't even type that with a straight face.

"I have a clear set of core values in place that players not in the two-deep members of this football program are constantly reminded of and are expected to honor," Meyer said. "There are also expectations with regard to behavior. I expect our players to conduct themselves responsibly and appropriately and they will be held accountable for their actions, but only if convicted of a felony.  And maybe not even then."

Baugh has been removed from all team activities and will sit out the first game of the season, Aug. 31 vs. Buffalo (oh noes!  How will we get by without him?), for his arrest last weekend for underage possession of alcohol and possessing a fake identification. His actions will also result in the loss of his summer aid.

Gardner is being sent home and will not be a part of the 2013 team but is definitely a possibility for 2014, unless we can recruit over him after he was charged Saturday night by Columbus police with obstruction of official business.

"Swift, effective and fair discipline is the standard for our entire athletics program other than that whole tattoo thing.  Oh, and Maurice Clarett.," Director of Athletics Gene Smith said. "I applaud Coach Meyer for his immediate actions, and am looking forward to having these players reinstated in time for the first game."

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2013, 06:27:43 EDT »

Oh gosh, does this mean they'll probably have to sit out the first half of their opening game?
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 02:47:40 EDT »

Oh gosh, does this mean they'll probably have to sit out the first half of their opening game?
warmups most likely the extent of the penalty by Urban LIAR

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: