VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 12:16:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take away the 2nd and 3rd quarter and this was a pretty good game  (Read 2603 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2013, 02:52:59 EDT »

Just joking, lol 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:02:12 EDT »

We could've at least given ourselves a chance if we had a QB who could get first downs and sustain drives.  You don't have a dad blamed chance against the likes or Oregon if you keep going 3 and out.  Unfortunately, the staff thinks Worley was our best option which again is just depressing.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:20:58 EDT »

We could've at least given ourselves a chance if we had a QB who could get first downs and sustain drives.  You don't have a dad blamed chance against the likes or Oregon if you keep going 3 and out.  Unfortunately, the staff thinks Worley was our best option which again is just depressing.

Well we should have a much better game a week from today.  I noticed, FWIW, that we managed to slow down the Oregon rush offense, which they are definitely known for.  They were averaging 415 a game prior to this, and 10 yards per carry.  We "held" them to 216 and 5 yards per carry, pretty much halving both those stats. 

Of course, they KILLED US throwing the ball.  But UF likes to run the ball up the middle and my UF buddy told me that Driskel looks like a "deer in the headlights" throwing the ball.   

So at least it looks like a good matchup on paper.  We should have a much, much better game.

And before I forget it, we did run for 179 yards and averaged 4.7 per carry against Oregon, not bad at all.

You're right though, the passing game needs to step up, to say the least.  It's just really tough...not only is Worley struggling but our WRs are very inexperienced.  It's just going to take time.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:56:50 EDT »

Well we should have a much better game a week from today.  I noticed, FWIW, that we managed to slow down the Oregon rush offense, which they are definitely known for.  They were averaging 415 a game prior to this, and 10 yards per carry.  We "held" them to 216 and 5 yards per carry, pretty much halving both those stats. 

Of course, they KILLED US throwing the ball.  But UF likes to run the ball up the middle and my UF buddy told me that Driskel looks like a "deer in the headlights" throwing the ball.   

So at least it looks like a good matchup on paper.  We should have a much, much better game.

And before I forget it, we did run for 179 yards and averaged 4.7 per carry against Oregon, not bad at ll.

You're right though, the passing game needs to step up, to say the least.  It's just really tough...not only is Worley struggling but our WRs are very inexperienced.  It's just going to take time.

we slowed down their running but allowing them pass for a gazillions yards

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 04:29:48 EDT »

we slowed down their running but allowing them pass for a gazillions yards

Didnt I just say that lol?

But I felt the same about WKU...that our run D was better.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 04:51:58 EDT »

Take away so many Indians and Custer might have retired with Generals pay.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:05:56 EDT »

I wish we couldn't have taken the team away in the second quarter and called it a game and saved some embarrassment.   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: