VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 05:35:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OK...moving on, what needs to be done?  (Read 3842 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2013, 03:32:47 EDT »

I was wrong..I thought we had a shot, and thought so even more when we went ahead and looked like we were playing good defense, and then Oregon's speed took over. Ok, so we had no shot. I am not down on Butch, he does not have the players to keep up with Oregon..Moving on.....

1 - Worley needs to sit. He has a weak arm, is inaccurate, and can't run. He is not going to win games for us, and now we can see why the rest of the SEC did not offer him, including his home state school.
2 - Try Peterman. He looked like he at least has a good arm.
3 - Neal showed us again why he folds against good defenses. Poor vision and tries to avoid contact. Lane should get more snaps, and I liked what I saw from Hill on his TD run. Still, we lack a great back.
4 - Best 3 WRs on the team are North, Smith, and Croom. Carter is ok but won;t do much in the SEC.
5 - We need a playmaking TE. Maybe the freshmen next year.
6 - I don't think our D is as bad as it looked today, that offense is going to make a lot of teams look really bad.
7- Butch will do fine. He has the right attitude and has the players and recruits beleiving. Recruit recruit recruit.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 03:46:03 EDT »

1.  Agree 100%
2. Ditto
3. Don't agree.  Lane was the primary back today as Neal was played more slot than RB and Lane did a fair amount amount of dancing as well.  The big issue was the OL not blocking worth a crap.
4. I would agree and add Pig when healthy as the others don't play slot, which is key In this offense and hurt us big time today.
5. I agree but in his defense Downs is getting open, just that Worley can't seem to get him the ball.  He is not a dynamic receiver but he can be better used with a a QB who can throw to the numbers.
6. The kids and our slow backers got exposed today.  Also I was disappointed in our safety play.  
7. Agree 10000000000%
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 04:08:33 EDT by PirateVOL » Logged

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 03:54:37 EDT »

I was wrong..I thought we had a shot, and thought so even more when we went ahead and looked like we were playing good defense, and then Oregon's speed took over. Ok, so we had no shot. I am not down on Butch, he does not have the players to keep up with Oregon..Moving on.....

1 - Worley needs to sit. He has a weak arm, is inaccurate, and can't run. He is not going to win games for us, and now we can see why the rest of the SEC did not offer him, including his home state school.
3 - Neal showed us again why he folds against good defenses. Poor vision and tries to avoid contact. Lane should get more snaps, and I liked what I saw from Hill on his TD run. Still, we lack a great back.
4 - Best 3 WRs on the team are North, Smith, and Croom. Carter is ok but won;t do much in the SEC.
6 - I don't think our D is as bad as it looked today, that offense is going to make a lot of teams look really bad.
7- Butch will do fine. He has the right attitude and has the players and recruits beleiving. Recruit recruit recruit.

FWIW, worley was offered by LSU and UF. 

I think whoever the QB is will struggle a bit until the Jones offense is completely learned and our WRs broken in, not to mention we don't have any QBs of a caliber who can step in and just start producing.

I am perfectly willing to give Peterman a shot, but looking at how all our QBs were rated, we just don't have anyone who is going to step up right away IMO.  It might take several more games to sort it out.

Not sure about our D yet...saw a decent rush D today (considering it's Oregon and they were averaging 415 a game on the ground  ) but after the first quarter they pretty much passed at will on us.  Murray and McCarron are probably licking their chops.  I did think our young DBs had a couple good plays in the first quarter, maybe they can build on that. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 06:04:30 EDT »

FWIW, worley was offered by LSU and UF. 

I think whoever the QB is will struggle a bit until the Jones offense is completely learned and our WRs broken in, not to mention we don't have any QBs of a caliber who can step in and just start producing.

I am perfectly willing to give Peterman a shot, but looking at how all our QBs were rated, we just don't have anyone who is going to step up right away IMO.  It might take several more games to sort it out.

Not sure about our D yet...saw a decent rush D today (considering it's Oregon and they were averaging 415 a game on the ground  ) but after the first quarter they pretty much passed at will on us.  Murray and McCarron are probably licking their chops.  I did think our young DBs had a couple good plays in the first quarter, maybe they can build on that. 

Peterman was a 4 star
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 03:49:15 EDT »

Agree with most, if not all of this.....just need a better QB to make us much better on offense

Go Big Orange.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:27 EDT »

What needs to be done? 

Fast forward to the spring, get all of the early enrolees in for spring practice and 5 extra months in the S&C program, get the rest in school in June, and play as many of the talented young players as possible next fall. 

As for the rest of this year?  Just don't lose to anybody you shouldn't lose to, and hope you can finish no worse than 6-6. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 05:25:03 EDT »

As for the rest of this year?  Just don't lose to anybody you shouldn't lose to, and hope you can finish no worse than 6-6. 

yep...with some luck maybe 7 5 but 6 6 is anout where we are

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 10:21:50 EDT »

What needs to be done? 

Fast forward to the spring, get all of the early enrolees in for spring practice and 5 extra months in the S&C program, get the rest in school in June, and play as many of the talented young players as possible next fall. 

Yeah, look forward to next season in other words.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 05:32:48 EDT »

I worry about when they face a physical defense that the running gave will be non-existent. Factor that that with no passing game and we are in trouble. I honestly think will will struggle against all remaining opponents except maybe S. Alabama. Even UK kept Louisville from lighting up the scoreboard. Who knows what the Vandy team is like. Carolina made them look bad.

volsboyinsodak
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 05:42:16 EDT »

Be careful saying anything about the o-line or you will get taken to task. 

1.  Agree 100%
2. Ditto
3. Don't agree.  Lane was the primary back today as Neal was played more slot than RB and Lane did a fair amount amount of dancing as well.  The big issue was the OL not blocking worth a crap.
4. I would agree and add Pig when healthy as the others don't play slot, which is key In this offense and hurt us big time today.
5. I agree but in his defense Downs is getting open, just that Worley can't seem to get him the ball.  He is not a dynamic receiver but he can be better used with a a QB who can throw to the numbers.
6. The kids and our slow backers got exposed today.  Also I was disappointed in our safety play.  
7. Agree 10000000000%
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: