VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 05:10:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Todd Helton to retire after this season  (Read 2387 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2013, 01:16:34 EDT »

Is he a HOFer?  Or will the Coors Field factor hurt him in the eyes of the voters?

http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=9676667

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 05:04:50 EDT »

Should be a hall of famer, but some of the eastern voters who didn't see him play on the road much will hold the Coors Field reputation against him. 

Not really a surprised.  Been hearing from one of his uncles, who is a good friend, that this was going to be Todd's last year. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:26 EDT »

Should be a hall of famer, but some of the eastern voters who didn't see him play on the road much will hold the Coors Field reputation against him. 

Not really a surprised.  Been hearing from one of his uncles, who is a good friend, that this was going to be Todd's last year. 

I hate to even bring this up- but even though Todd's name has never been connected with PEDs, he is guy who really changed physically from one season to the next.  Right or wrong, I'm afraid some will hold that against him.  Unfortunately, no one is above suspicion these days.

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 05:13:13 EDT »

I hate to even bring this up- but even though Todd's name has never been connected with PEDs, he is guy who really changed physically from one season to the next.  Right or wrong, I'm afraid some will hold that against him.  Unfortunately, no one is above suspicion these days.

Heard all of that before, but as you say he's never been connected with any of that. 

Baseball people know he has done it the right way - in the weight room and hard work.  What sets him apart from some is that his body didn't change in the course of one season, or even less than a season as was the case with some players.  It took him a good 4-5 years to change it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 03:48:20 EDT »

None of the recent PED talk that I have hears/read has included Helton's name, so I don't think that will even be a factor. And I do think he has HOF numbers, but may not get in on the first vote. It'll be interesting to see who is up against on the HOF ballot.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: