VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 05:23:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fascinating story documenting the moments after JFK was shot  (Read 3034 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2013, 02:00:35 EDT »

http://www.esquire.com/_mobile/features/flight-from-dallas-1013?src=spr_TWITTER&spr_id=1456_23781666
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 04:32:54 EDT »

Thanks for posting this.  I have always been a JFK reader...have read several books about that awful day and the "potential" cover-ups.  It is quite interesting.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 05:11:26 EDT »

Thanks for posting this.  I have always been a JFK reader...have read several books about that awful day and the "potential" cover-ups.  It is quite interesting.

Interesting, and chilling.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 04:50:36 EDT »

Very chilling. As you read you can, at least I could, feel the mode and swing of emotions from what had happened, what was happening, and what was about to happen.
For me I'm not sure I will ever believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the Killing of Kennedy.
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 04:55:30 EDT »

Very interesting. I don't think I've ever seen such a detailed account of the immediate aftermath of Kennedy's death.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 04:59:40 EDT »

That's a great read.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 11:47:59 EDT »

Thanks and great read. I was about 10 years old and remember that day and the days to follow like it was yesterday.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 12:48:00 EDT »

There was a documentary on this also not long ago on TV.  It mentioned the tension between the two camps so some of this was review for me.

But I had never heard of the tugging match between the Feds and the Dallas police over the coffin.  That's just outrageous!  Very undignified, and the Feds always trump state and local law anyway.  WTF was wrong with the Dallas police?  I guess they were just emotional and upset, but still.

Also I find Jackie's comments very interesting.  She repeated at least twice, maybe three times, that she was leaving the blood on her clothes so "they can see what they did".  Not "he" but "they".  She almost certainly believed there was a conspiracy...I wonder who she thought did it, or even if it was specific.   

It would be very interesting to know what she thought....but I have always heard that she and the Kennedys have always kept such speculation close to the vest.  I am probably pretty sure they have no better idea than anyone else, but it would be very interesting to see who THEY thought did it, was it actually a lone gunman, etc, and no opinion more interesting than Jackie's.

They say she married Aristotle Onasis afterwards because he was very powerful and she felt he could protect her...what from, who knows.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: