VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 08:40:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations of the first half  (Read 1210 times)
tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:23:25 EDT »

I'm hoping UT beats UGA of course.  It helps SC in the SEC East race and I have two kids at UT so yes......today I'm a huge Vol fan.

Several things:
1 - If Worley would keep the ball a few times on those "zone" reads instead of always giving it to the back, he could gain 8-10 yards.  It would then give the UGA DE's something to think about.  The DE's for UGA aren't even looking at him.  I know he's not a running QB, but he should be good enough to keep a few and loosen up the run D

2 - Butch Jones needs to quit trying to protect his offense.  These little swing passes and dumps, 3 yard passes, and runs ONLY up the middle are not going to beat most teams unless you throw a few long balls.  He appears right now to be coaching safe in an effort not to get blown out instead of trying to win.  UT can beat UGA today with a break or two if the coaches will act like they believe.  That's why you play the game right? 

I know UT needs help in some areas, but you've got a good crowd there today, they sound loud on TV when something good happens, and this is the perfect chance for that signature win UT needs. 

If UT can score a TD out of the gate in the second half, momentum might swing a little.  Without Marshall and Gurley, it's not like UGA is going to run the ball down your throat.  Hey, anything can happen.......it's only a 14 pt lead. 

tngamecock
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 01:05:33 EDT »

I am brilliant........do you think Butch Jones read my post at half time?  The whole team attitude has changed once he started coaching to win and not coaching to not get blown out.  I'll be here all week if he needs me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: