VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:01:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Game Report  (Read 1330 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 03:22:39 EDT »

A few points up front.
Once again it was a game of two halves. If we ever put 2 halves together, look out.
Butch went "all in" in the 2nd half.  Even in the first half he was working the refs but I. The 2nd half, he was working them hard.  I think the genesis of the unsportsmanship was a conversation he had in the first half.

OL:  the line had problems all day, both in run blocking and pass blocking.  Having said that, at times they played well but nowhere near as consistent as they need and should be.

WR:  really stepped up today.  One drop by North but otherwise played well.  Had troubles at times getting off press coverage.  Pig stepped up today.  North had a hell of a catch.  They need to step up their blocking, really weak there.  Smith had a couple of big catches.

RB: it was essentially Neal or bust, he stepped up.  Really had a good game.  Had some key catches as well.

QB:  if Worley ever had two good halves look out.  First half was typical Worley.  2nd half he was a different QB.  He threw several throws in the 2nd half with the receiver in the break, not out of the break.  Threw the ball away a couple of times, fought hard to minimize losses in sack situations.  He does tend to not handle pressure well throwing the ball.

DL: had their moments.  In the key drive they did not get pressure and Vereen had a key penalty.  Big Dan probably had his best game overall, after a poor start. 

LB:  as a group their best game of the year, especially Sapp and A.J..  Brewer was less of a factor than normal.

DB:  Sutton is a PLAYER..  They picked on Coleman a lot and were somewhat successful.  I though Moore played better than McNeil at safety.  Randolph was exposed a couple of times but otherwise played well.

Special teams:  Palardy had a heck of a game!  Great punts, very good to great KOs and made his tries.  Totally unnecessary taunting penalty on the opening KO but JRM got to the punt and Swafford scooped it up.  We came close a couple of other times.

Coaching:  I don't understand the time management, or lack there of, at the end of the first half but the play calling was the most imaginative all year.  The naked flip on the 1st 4th down was a great call, well executed, as was the wheel route by the TE.  I think the two 4th downs we went for on our end of the field showed Butches faith in the players and I think that will pay dividends down the road. 

In the end our most complete effort of the year

Sorry Oregon fans but Neyland in the 2nd half is what a LOUD stadium sounds like and it impacted UGA on several occasions.  It was good to be in a rocking Neyland again!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:58:44 EDT »

That TD by North was amazing.  NFL play right there.  From my seat during live action I didn't even cheer because I thought "no way he was in bounds, they'll review it and overturn it".  But then they showed the replay in extra slow motion and, just WOW.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:28:34 EDT »

That TD by North was amazing.  NFL play right there.  From my seat during live action I didn't even cheer because I thought "no way he was in bounds, they'll review it and overturn it".  But then they showed the replay in extra slow motion and, just WOW.
there is a head on pic of North on the catch out on tritter

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: