VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:21:28 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That is the 2nd time I have seen us lose a game with a play like that.  (Read 1718 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:16:27 EDT »

In 05 Corey Anderson fumbled through the end zone in a loss to bama. Today Pig did it. I do not recall seeing one in another college game.

Hopefully karma is done with us and we will not ever do it again. It is like the ghost of dooley still haunts us, by finding ways to lose.

Proud of the fight and toughness they showed.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 06:12:08 EDT »

I've seen it happen a few times, but I don't think I've ever seen it cost another team a game...and now it's happened to us twice in eight years. Who else but UT? 

I still think it's the dumbest rule in all of sports.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 06:20:21 EDT »

Does seem like quite a punitive rule. What is the difference in fumbling out of bounds on the sideline instead of the endline? Both are boundaries.

The funny thing is, when that happened before we were ill at Fulmer because it was just another example of his staffs lazy coaching and lack of discipline. Today it is looked at completely different by most.

I've seen it happen a few times, but I don't think I've ever seen it cost another team a game...and now it's happened to us twice in eight years. Who else but UT? 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:29:32 EDT »

If there's a bad or obscure rule, you can bet UT will lose a game because of it as some point.

FWIW, I think the dumbest rule in sports is the NBA timeout rule.  If a team scores, and the other team calls timeout, they get to inbound the ball at the other end of floor, basically subverting the game clock in the closing minutes of tight games.  Imagine if this rule were applied to football.  UGA scores near the end of regulation to tie the game at 31, we call timeout, and then we automatically get the ball at their 20.  It would be about the same thing. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: