VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:04:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History is written by the victors. I get that. But...  (Read 1460 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2013, 05:18:20 EDT »

...the national media reaction to our game is really bugging me.  UGA is being portrayed as the scrappy team who overcame all their horrible injuries and beat the odds to win the game.  Uh, WHAT?  I almost expect someone to start channeling Al Michaels and The Miracle on Ice.   And I just watched The Sports Reporters and I kid you not:  They talked about what a great win this was for UGA, and how this will propel them into the NC picture for the rest of the season.  In the next segment, they were talking about Oregon-  how they LOOK like a good team, but we don't know because "they haven't played anyone yet".  

I know it's petty to be worrying about this crap, and that I should just be satisfied with my OWN team's effort, and not worry what others think.  But it still bugs me.

VOLveeta
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 05:21:57 EDT »

I promise you something... get rid of cable, you won't miss it for a second.  If I want a game, I always get to watch.  But that other stuff, is pure storymaking and the less you have access to it, the more you realize how much fiction it is.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 05:29:56 EDT »

I promise you something... get rid of cable, you won't miss it for a second.  If I want a game, I always get to watch.  But that other stuff, is pure storymaking and the less you have access to it, the more you realize how much fiction it is.

Don't think I haven't explored cable cutting.  I can get most of the scripted shows I watch online, on Netflix, etc.  Ditto for football games.  The only thing I'd be missing is the Braves games.  And unfortunately, that's a deal breaker for me.  But it's tantalizingly close.  If only MLB would stop blacking out your "local" games on MLB.com, I'd be set.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: