VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 02:21:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess it's impossible to purge all the stupidity from the fan base  (Read 1982 times)
Creek Walker
« on: October 06, 2013, 07:32:29 EDT »

I saw some UT fans on ESPN.com arguing in comments that Butch did a horrible job managing the clock at the end of the 4th quarter. Specifically, they were saying that he didn't milk the clock as he should've. I mean, I knew that almost two minutes was too much time. I knew Georgia would score. Because if I'm down a touchdown with two minutes to play and only one time out, there is no QB in the SEC I would rather have on my team than Aaron Murray. Obviously if Tennessee had one more play before the score, Georgia doesn't have enough time to score and the game is over. But what the heck was Jones and UT supposed to do, aside from taking a knee on second down? They were running the play clock down to 5 seconds, and they were playing as conservative as they could. Someone tell me that this isn't a prevailing opinion amongst our fans. 
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 08:11:21 EDT »

I don't know what else he could have done either....you don't tell your team "now don't score on this play because we need to run more time off the clock"!!!    I'd say the folks saying that don't have a clue!  And no, it isn't what most fans are saying, IMO.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 09:46:05 EDT »

I'm somewhat curmudgeonly when it comes to my opinion of the UT fan base masses.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 09:48:55 EDT »

Most of the people bitching about that couldn't manage a lemonade stand on a 103 degree day in August.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: