VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 04:04:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So our preseason AA OL continues to impress.*  (Read 5582 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 03, 2013, 02:41:18 EST »

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 02:44:22 EST »

Yep. It has to be the scheme. The loss of one o-lineman from last year did not cause this.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 02:46:51 EST »

Yep. It has to be the scheme. The loss of one o-lineman from last year did not cause this.

I was referring specifically to #74, who took us out of the 4th down try.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 02:48:05 EST »

I was referring specifically to #74, who took us out of the 4th down try.

Maybe he comes back now? 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2013, 02:50:38 EST »

Probably not.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 02:53:26 EST »

Seems like a bad idea. If there was regression this year, I don't see what would cause a reversal. Have a great combine and move on with life. I appreciate his work as a Vol.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 03:01:19 EST »

Our line did not look great last year. All those preseason accolades were based on what everyone assumed was POTENTIAL.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2013, 03:08:05 EST »

Compared to 2011 our OL improved considerably in '12. They may not have been the greatest thing ever, but they were solid. I'd say it's our most talented unit since at least '07,and perhaps before.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 04:49:07 EST »

Yep.....must be the scheme.....i say fire the OC....and since CBJ hired him, he must be held accountable and fired too.   In fact, fire the whole lot of em!!!  Nevermind that this is their first year....forget that we have less talent than every team we have lost to....forget that they won with these schemes everywhere they have been...we're expert coaches and know better than them what should be done.  And our preason AA line that has played like crap shouldn't be blamed for their poor play....its all because of poor coaching. FIRE EM ALLL!

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2013, 05:03:30 EST »

When I see regression and stupid blocking schemes then yes I blame the staff. The o-line has not lived up to their billing.  We have young inexperienced skill on offense but have had no qb play I get that. Everyone knew the offense would be a work in progress and that a bowl game would be a good year.

I don't like the offense, I don't like the offense, I don't like the offense. Of course that is not my call nor is it anyone's call what I have to say about it. And the fact that someone such as myself can see some of these issues just makes the problem all the more glaring doesn't it?

Yep.....must be the scheme.....i say fire the OC....and since CBJ hired him, he must be held accountable and fired too.   In fact, fire the whole lot of em!!!  Nevermind that this is their first year....forget that we have less talent than every team we have lost to....forget that they won with these schemes everywhere they have been...we're expert coaches and know better than them what should be done.  And our preason AA line that has played like crap shouldn't be blamed for their poor play....its all because of poor coaching. FIRE EM ALLL!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2013, 01:59:10 EST »

When I see regression and stupid blocking schemes then yes I blame the staff. The o-line has not lived up to their billing.  We have young inexperienced skill on offense but have had no qb play I get that. Everyone knew the offense would be a work in progress and that a bowl game would be a good year.

I don't like the offense, I don't like the offense, I don't like the offense. Of course that is not my call nor is it anyone's call what I have to say about it. And the fact that someone such as myself can see some of these issues just makes the problem all the more glaring doesn't it?

till last night James had played well.  Foster has played very well all year.  Tiny has not played well consistently all year.  Bullard has been ok.  Stone up and down but until last night had snapped the ball well.  Our biggest issue with the line has been the TE.  This scheme depends on the TE not only in the passing game but in the running game.  Our TE has not performed well in either area.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2013, 02:26:24 EST »

My question to that would be, why do we keep relying on a TE to do what they are not capable of?  TE's are not going to have a lot of success blocking de's one on one in this league.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2013, 03:27:21 EST »

My question to that would be, why do we keep relying on a TE to do what they are not capable of?  TE's are not going to have a lot of success blocking de's one on one in this league.
maybe to try to score as we are otherwise limited?

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2013, 03:41:43 EST »

Word I am hearing is that more than one member of the OL corps hasn't "bought in" to the new OL coach's philosophy.  If that's true, they need to sit them down, no matter what their "draft projections" may say. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2013, 04:00:04 EST »

That would explain some things.

Word I am hearing is that more than one member of the OL corps hasn't "bought in" to the new OL coach's philosophy.  If that's true, they need to sit them down, no matter what their "draft projections" may say. 

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 04:01:41 EST »

Compared to 2011 our OL improved considerably in '12. They may not have been the greatest thing ever, but they were solid. I'd say it's our most talented unit since at least '07,and perhaps before.

This.  We have our best run game statistically since 2004 and we allow a below average number of sacks.  Generally happy with the performance of the line.

No excuse at all for the large number of penalties though, especially on the 4th down attempt.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: