VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:27:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Auburn beat the Tide? Just a question , are the SEC defenses having a tough  (Read 4764 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2013, 06:14:59 EST »

year or they really as bad as they have shown. Is the SEC gonna end up like the Big 12, and every game is gonna end up 51-48?  Or will the defenses eventually catch up with the offenses and begin to stop them. The games are fun to watch, but I still prefer physical defenses and smash-mouth football. Are those days soon gone forever? That is what has been separating the SEC from all the other conferences. If that goes away will the SEC stop being dominant and be just one of the crowd? To that end, I like Saban's philosophy. Is it really what we want football to be? Plus, obviously someone will be breaking an offensive record every year. Manning's stats at UT will look pedestrian in the near future. Are these QB's better than him? It projects false greatness on all the new school QB's.

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 07:57:32 EST »

No.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:02:39 EST »

Coaches are just adopting some different offensive philosophies which are leading to more points. Like when Spurrier started at uf he had the SEC on their heels dealing with his passing attack. Upgraded talent on defense to get to the QB mitigated that for him and even if he never left his tactical edge was over. Defense's will still be dominant, but not shut everyone out dominant every year. Too much attrition when the really good teams have a lot of junior's leave with the seniors. You will still be good, just not dominant. Still the biggest difference in SEC teams and OOC teams is defensive size and speed, especially up front. SEC DE's & LB's have been killing the other teams in championship games.

CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:32 EST »

No.

What he said.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:43:57 EST »

Auburn WILL NOT beat Bama and Bama WILL win another MNC.....Book It!
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:19:57 EST »

If I had to pick, I would say Bama will shut down the Auburn running game enough that forces Auburn to depend on the passing game. In that case, Bama wins.

I hope that's not the case, but it's a rational pick.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:33:49 EST »

Bama wins, defeats Missouri in the SEC championship game, beats Florida State for their 3rd national title in 4 years. Nick Saban leaves for Texas. Rioting fans ram an '86 GMC pickup through the Saban statue and burn the Tuscaloosa Walmart.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:46 EST »

Bama wins, defeats Missouri in the SEC championship game, beats Florida State for their 3rd national title in 4 years. Nick Saban leaves for Texas. Rioting fans ram an '86 GMC pickup through the Saban statue and burn the Tuscaloosa Walmart.

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 04:04:02 EST »

I say Auburn wins. I know, but its just a irrational hunch

11B4PJ3F7
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 05:29:09 EST »

In honor of my late Mother, Janice Williams Owens (1932-2009) Miss Auburn 1951 who shown her light on the plain this weekend, who hated ua more than anyone I've ever known, I say Auburn wins the Iron Bowl in her honor.

Bless you Mother, crush the tide!    

G
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:11:14 EST by GreggO » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 06:37:20 EST »

In honor of my late Mother, Janice Williams Owens (1932-2009) Miss Auburn 1951 who shown her light on the palin this weekend, who hated ua more than anyone I've ever known, I say Auburn wins the Iron Bowl in her honor.

Bless you Mother, crush the tide!   

G

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 03:56:45 EST »

I have been to the Tuscaloosa walmart. Burning it down would be a good idea

EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 06:09:51 EST »

Burn Baby Burn Disco Inferno.....can we also select Bama fans that should be in the Wal Mart when the fire starts and then get crushed in the ensuing panic in an attempt to get out of the chained on the outside exit doors?

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 06:52:58 EST »

hell yes...Auburn wfdt   

Buck fama!

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 04:46:30 EST »

hell yes...Auburn wfdt   

Buck fama!

I like how you roll!

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: