VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 02:13:47 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey Herb! How did the state playoffs go this past weekend? Are all the top  (Read 1796 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2013, 07:43:06 EST »

ranked ones still playing?

volsboyinsodak
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:43:02 EST »

Yep, things went pretty much as expected.  Quarterfinals this week. 

#s 1 and 2 in 4A - Fulton and Greeneville play this week at Fulton.  Knoxville Catholic surprised me by winning at Signal Mountain.  They are in the other East bracket 4A quarters at Hixson, who has won a couple of low scoring games to get to the quarters. 

In 5A Knoxville West at Anderson County should be a goof football game, although it wouldn't surprise me to see West win comfortably. In the West bracket Henry County struggled with Memphis East, but survived to advance on to the quarters against Ridgeway.  Henry County will have to play better than they did last week to beat Ridgeway.  I have said all along that I see Knoxville West and Henry County in the 5A championship game.  We'll see if that happens.   

In 6A Sevier County and Maryville meet at Maryville.  Maryville drilled Sevier County in their regular season non-district meeting.  Although I certainly expect Maryville to win again I also expect it to be a much closer game.  Murfreesboro Oakland is the #1 seed in quad 2, and they will host Blackman for their second meeting of the year.  White Station upset White Haven in the second round on the West side of the bracket. 

In 3A, Alcoa host CAK - again, although this time CAK has been a surprise getting there.  They just barely made the playoffs at 4-6.  Alcoa should win that one big, but you never know.   Upperman and CPA are both unbeaten in 3A.  Upperman and Alcoa should get together in the semis, with the winner playing CPA in what could be a really good championship game. 

In 2A Grace Christian Academy (Knoxville) and Silverdale Academy (Chattanooga) play in one quarters at Grace.  Grace is 11-0, and Silverdale 11-1 (Grace had a first round bye as the top seed in 2A), which should be a good football game.  Marion County plays at Trousdale County in the other East bracket quarters.  Marion County is the bizarre story right now.  Check this out:

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2013/nov/18/marion-county/

And in 1A South Pittsburgh, as is normally the case, seems to be the team to beat. 

Can't really tell you much about Division 2.  I don't really keep up with it, although I am told that Knoxville Webb is the favorite in D2-A, and Ensworth in D2-AA. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 12:35:37 EST »

Henry County played Ridgeway in the regular season and won. It's hard to beat a good team twice.

Memphis East has talent out the butt too. HC was lucky to win that one. There is several good games here in West Tn. Friday night.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 06:06:35 EST by Tnphil » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:17:03 EST »

Grace-Silverdale won't even be a contest. Grace wins big. If I were free I would go watch the Fulton/Greeneville game, though I won't be surprised to see Fulton win fairly comfortably.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: