VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 05:08:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some cool trivia about NFL qb's. What qb has the highest winning percentage  (Read 1959 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:48:35 EST »

since the leagues merged in 1970. If you look at his winning percentage, it is incredible. This trivia is courtesy Mike and Mike in the morning.

volsboyinsodak
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 06:07:09 EST »

Okay I know the suspense is killing you. The answer is Tom Brady. He is first with a winning percetage of .770. Manning is third at .690. Montana is second. The amazing stat is that Brady could lose 15 games and still be ahead of Montana. That is almost a complete season. Pretty impressive. Stats courtesy of Mike and Mike. Us Manning fans cringe at this. Brady is 9-4 in match-ups with Manning. Say what you want, but a .770 is pretty incredible.

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 08:22:49 EST »

Patriot teams were much better than the Colts teams Peyton played on...I think QBs get unfairly judged by record when some great QBs played on really bad teams. I had a guy try to tell me that Manning was not an elite QB because, at the time, he had not won a SB and in college he never won a NC. I asked him, if he considered the likes of Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer to be better QBs than Manning, Fouts, Marino because they had won SBs and he said yes. I don't think any NFL coach would take Williams or Dilfer over the other three. I think you have to have a great QB to be a great team, especially a dynasty like the Pat's were, but a great QB can't make a mediocre team a SB champ. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 09:13:10 EST »

I don't cringe when I hear Brady's win percentage vs. Manning's any more than I cringe when I hear the number of super bowl rings he has. It is what it is. Teams win games and teams win super bowls. I've never understood the concept of judging a QBs worth by wins or super bowls.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 07:09:19 EST »

I cringe when they bring up his record vs UF. I don't think those UF teams were night and day better than Manning's UT teams.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: