VTTW Board Index
July 05, 2024, 07:01:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Consider this...  (Read 2010 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 06, 2014, 07:06:49 EST »

Why haven't we been recruiting a qb?!?  Could it be that we already have an ace in the hole with Riley Ferguson?  Did Jones play Dobbs in order to protect Ferguson's redshirt?
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:09:06 EST »

Why haven't we been recruiting a qb?!?  Could it be that we already have an ace in the hole with Riley Ferguson?  Did Jones play Dobbs in order to protect Ferguson's redshirt?

Ferguson was hurt when it came time for one of the frosh to go in. Otherwise I think he would have played over Dobbs.

I think the QB play will be much better next year no matter which of the three wins the job. There is much to be said for a year in the system and the weight room, and I expect much better performance from the start. Having all of the WRs return helps a lot too-- and so will the talented WR and TE coming in.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:42 EST »

I sure hope so!
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:22 EST »

The optimistic side of me hopes you are correct.

The pessimistic side of me asks the question that if he was the answer and was better than the QBs we already have on campus, then why wasn't he playing before the injury?

I'm so conflicted.  I want to believe!   

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:46:20 EST »

The optimistic side of me hopes you are correct.

The pessimistic side of me asks the question that if he was the answer and was better than the QBs we already have on campus, then why wasn't he playing before the injury?

I'm so conflicted.  I want to believe!   

Another year in the system has to help all three.

Let's face it though, next year is going to be another tough year for ole UT.  It doesn't HAVE to be, but the odds favor it.  It may be that Worley is better than expected and gives us a better than expected season while Dobbs and Ferguson develop behind him.  It may be that another year makes Dobbs much better.  It may be that Ferguson is all everyone hopes.  Or it may be that all three suxes.

But I don't expect serious improvement until 1015 anyway.  If we somehow win 8 or more games this year, I will be pleasantly surprised.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: