VTTW Board Index
June 04, 2024, 12:46:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Listened to Feinbaum today.............  (Read 1929 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2014, 05:30:40 EST »

I was in Huntsville working today, so why not?

I was in-n-out of the truck today, so bits and pieces of the Saban story is just what I could put together. (BTW, bammers were calling pulie a closet barner ????. When both teams accuse paulie of being a homer for the other, does that add credibility?)

F interviewed a writer who says Saban gave agent Sexton the nod to go ahead and talk to the texass boosters who gave Sexton pretty much a gaurantee that nicky would be hired in Austin and there was $$$ to spare. Trouble was, the AD & prez didn't consult the boosters which has them PO'd. The plan was to boost nicky's $$$ at bammer in case it fell through, but he might not be happy at bammer anyway. Feinrat seemed to agree and says he has his own thoughts that he's not willing to get into at the moment (spent all night on a plane form the west/left coast..... so, he said).

Again, I missed bits/maybe some chunks, here and there but I really got the impression that paulie has a good reason for thinking nicky won't be around much longer - and I took that to mean 1-2yrs.

G
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 02:44:18 EST »

I was in Huntsville working today, so why not?

I was in-n-out of the truck today, so bits and pieces of the Saban story is just what I could put together. (BTW, bammers were calling pulie a closet barner ????. When both teams accuse paulie of being a homer for the other, does that add credibility?)

F interviewed a writer who says Saban gave agent Sexton the nod to go ahead and talk to the texass boosters who gave Sexton pretty much a gaurantee that nicky would be hired in Austin and there was $$$ to spare. Trouble was, the AD & prez didn't consult the boosters which has them PO'd. The plan was to boost nicky's $$$ at bammer in case it fell through, but he might not be happy at bammer anyway. Feinrat seemed to agree and says he has his own thoughts that he's not willing to get into at the moment (spent all night on a plane form the west/left coast..... so, he said).

Again, I missed bits/maybe some chunks, here and there but I really got the impression that paulie has a good reason for thinking nicky won't be around much longer - and I took that to mean 1-2yrs.

G

Huntsville?  Hope you had a good visit.  What part were you in?

As for Finebaum, he has had his lips firmly fastened to bammer's arse since circa 2002, and to Saban's arse since 2008.  I don't know a single Auburn fan that likes him as a result.  However, ever since Auburn beat bammer, which Fiebaum said would never happen, he suddenly is very complementary to Auburn.  I think most Auburn fans still despise him, but now the bammers are a bit ticked off.  IMO he used to be genuinely unbiased but has catered to the bammers ever since his 'investigation" of the NCAA Means-Logay Young-Fulmer mess, which endeared him to many bammers.  He suddenly realized that if he sucked up to them,...$$$$.
 Or that's MO anyway.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:17 EST »

Was in west Huntsville near A&M (where I once lived when I was 3, 4 & 5yo on Sullivan St., when Dad was at NASA), off Quensbury and then down 565 in Madisonville & some part that started with an H, below the space center (Dad worked on the Redstone capsule and the Saturn rocket engines - late '50s, early '60s).

Paulie is hugging the winners, or so it seemed to me. This was the first time I have ever heard the show from beginning to end (as I said, I missed parts). Seems like the other channels I've heard don't buy the last hour or more. Really, this is the first time I somewhat enjoyed his program. If you say he's on the Auburn train right now, I can see that with F'er. But, this is the first time I've heard him since he's been doing ESPN. Think he's learining from others with that expererience? I would guess so.

G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: