VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 04:28:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Was this why FSU couldn't do anything offensively firsthalf?  (Read 5386 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2014, 04:05:32 EST »

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/eye-on-college-football/24403220/florida-state-believes-auburn-knew-its-signals

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 04:23:43 EST »

Auburn cheat ? No way

HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 04:44:13 EST »

Stealing signals isn't cheating, unless you do it like Billicheck did it with illegally taping opposition practices.  

You don't think Tennessee coaches try to steal our opponents signals watching tape and on game days?  I promise you we've got grad assistants who have "signal" duties on game day.  

It happens at every level of football.  If a team isn't smart enough to change and disguise signals then they deserve to have them stolen.  

Go Army - Beat Navy!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 05:00:58 EST »

Stealing signals isn't cheating, unless you do it like Billicheck did it with illegally taping opposition practices.  

You don't think Tennessee coaches try to steal our opponents signals watching tape and on game days?  I promise you we've got grad assistants who have "signal" duties on game day.  

It happens at every level of football.  If a team isn't smart enough to change and disguise signals then they deserve to have them stolen.  
This

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:06:06 EST »

True, Herb.  But for me this tells me it wasn't Auburn's scheme or the fact they outplayed FSU.  They just knew what was coming.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 05:09:11 EST »

True, Herb.  But for me this tells me it wasn't Auburn's scheme or the fact they outplayed FSU.  They just knew what was coming.

Oh wow.  Ok.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 07:28:49 EST »

I like to throw our sarcastic accusatory posts against Auburn, bama, and FL. Don't rain on my parade!! 
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 10:38:26 EST »

Auburn cheat ? No way

ahhh, the sweet sound of butthurt   

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 10:44:52 EST »

Please don't trivialize our butthurt. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2014, 12:19:58 EST »

Why we would be butt hurt?  Most of us like Auburn.  For myself, Auburn is about the only other SEC team I have a tolerance for.  Maybe Tamu and Mizzou just because they are new, or MSU because we play them so seldom, but that's about it.

And second...um, didn't you guys lose?  So why would we be butt hurt?  

In fact, wouldn't Au fans be the ones butt hurt?  
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:30:02 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 02:44:47 EST »

Understand, but you still have to make a defensive play.  The offense is still blocking and the ball carriers are trying to run over or around the defense. 

Just because a defense has a good idea what might be coming doesn't mean they can always stop it. 

My point is that it's not cheating to steal signals.  Every single team out there tries to do it. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
NC Enginerd
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:46 EST »

We hired one of their coaches in the offseason, if they are too stupid to change the calls then they deserve it.  :-)

Understand, but you still have to make a defensive play.  The offense is still blocking and the ball carriers are trying to run over or around the defense. 

Just because a defense has a good idea what might be coming doesn't mean they can always stop it. 

My point is that it's not cheating to steal signals.  Every single team out there tries to do it. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected." - G.K. Chesterton ILN, 4/19/24
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:52 EST »

We hired one of their coaches in the offseason, if they are too stupid to change the calls then they deserve it.  :-)

That's a good point.  And it's shocking that the FSU coaches didn't think of this.
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2014, 04:25:11 EST »

Yep.  One of the reasons that teams have 3 guys giving signals with only one of them being live. 

Got to change signals up from series to series, and sometimes in the middle of a series.  With most teams going to hand signals now it's really not hard to figure them out, if you can figure out which signal giver is live. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 05:05:43 EST »

Hee hee

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: