VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 08:23:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Someone was mentioning QBs  (Read 3057 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:01 EST »

Not sure he would come to Tennessee, but...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24402411/the-rise-of-jacob-coker

Supposedly he has finished his undergrad degree and could enroll in grad school and not sit out a year, but I have not been able to verify that...could just be bammer fans talking.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:23:27 EST »

He will likely go to Bama. Bama needs a fill in QB in 2014, and then Ricky Town comes in 2015, thanks to Kiffin. Their backup Sims this year isn't very good, and the incoming freshman Cornwell won't be ready.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 12:21:22 EST »

He will likely go to Bama. Bama needs a fill in QB in 2014, and then Ricky Town comes in 2015, thanks to Kiffin. Their backup Sims this year isn't very good, and the incoming freshman Cornwell won't be ready.

I'm not sure its true he could transfer and play right away though.  I don't have any confirmation of that.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:05 EST »

I'm not sure its true he could transfer and play right away though.  I don't have any confirmation of that.

He is supposed to graduate in the spring. A graduate can transfer and doesn't have to sit out a year. If he does transfer, he would still have two years of eligibility. He's from Mobile, so for our sake I hope he does end up at Bama. The OP is correct on our QB situation. Right now, there is no clear answer who it might be and a concern going into next year.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 04:07:48 EST »

He is supposed to graduate in the spring. A graduate can transfer and doesn't have to sit out a year. If he does transfer, he would still have two years of eligibility. He's from Mobile, so for our sake I hope he does end up at Bama. The OP is correct on our QB situation. Right now, there is no clear answer who it might be and a concern going into next year.

BG

Yeah, I'm well aware of your issues at QB. 

Although one of my bammer fans said he wasn't sure Blake Sims could "understand Saban's offense" (cringe).     

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 04:16:38 EST »

Yeah, I'm well aware of your issues at QB. 

Although one of my bammer fans said he wasn't sure Blake Sims could "understand Saban's offense" (cringe).     

The potential problem with Sims is he isn't a true drop back passer, and is more of a runner (even spent some time at RB). and is a roll-out passer. That type of QB is not what you normally see in Saban's pro style offense. BTW, it seems the Tide will run some HUNH this season. Well, if ya can't beat them, join them. Heck, if nothing else I hope it helps our defense by seeing that offense in practice. They need it.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 04:37:36 EST »

What is HUNH?

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:16 EST »

What is HUNH?

Hurry-Up No-Huddle

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: