VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 05:06:01 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doyel: TN should rehire Pearl  (Read 1951 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2014, 04:17:15 EST »

http://mweb.cbssports.com/general/writer/gregg-doyel/24456460/after-years-away-repentant-bruce-pearl-could-be-jewel-for-tennessee
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 04:24:29 EST »

Of course we should. It would be a huge shot to the arm of the program. He'd win immediately.

But we don't want winners. After all, he lied to the NCAA about a bbq.

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 04:29:42 EST »

To see this from a national writer is significant-- especially one like Doyel, who has been critical of Pearl in the past. More of this will do two things: it will lessen the risk in public perception that come along with bringing him back, and it will apply far more public pressure on the administration to bring him back. The risk of fan apathy-- even antipathy-- that UT would face if they chose not to do this grows more significant the more public this kind of talk is.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 04:43:19 EST »

To see this from a national writer is significant

My thoughts exactly.
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:39:57 EST »

I agree.  This is a huge story akin to a national endorsement, and a few of these would help offset whatever national backlash that would naturally come from a rehire.  I know Pearl burnt some bridges with some folks in power, but time to take inventory on the health of the basketball franchise and rebuild some bridges. 

To see this from a national writer is significant-- especially one like Doyel, who has been critical of Pearl in the past. More of this will do two things: it will lessen the risk in public perception that come along with bringing him back, and it will apply far more public pressure on the administration to bring him back. The risk of fan apathy-- even antipathy-- that UT would face if they chose not to do this grows more significant the more public this kind of talk is.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: