VTTW Board Index
June 01, 2024, 04:11:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barforama  (Read 3413 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2014, 06:57:23 EDT »

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10594632/brent-musburger-jesse-palmer-lead-announcing-team-sec-network 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2014, 07:36:22 EDT »

Brent Musberger is a cultural icon?!? WTF?
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 08:17:50 EDT »

Brent Musberger is a cultural icon?!? WTF?

Not a Musburger fan, either. However, one thing I do like about him is he really loves the game he covers and is really into it. One of our posters on Tide Sports mentioned he stayed at the same hotel as the ABC crew in Atlanta a few years ago for the opening Bama-Clemson game. After the game the poster and his friends headed back to the hotel bar, and there was Musburger and an ABC crew member at a table. They went over to greet him, and he was so receptive he wanted them to sit with him, and he ordered up the next round for all. They sat with him for a long time, and all he could talk about was the game and wanted their impressions.

BG
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:21:34 EDT »

Hate Musberger. Hate Palmer. Cannot imagine a worse combination for the SEC Network.
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 08:27:02 EDT »

Hate Musberger. Hate Palmer. Cannot imagine a worse combination for the SEC Network.

Palmer always seems a day late and a dollar short. His initial impressions often seem to be short sighted and lacking. He'll eventually come around and get it, but it seems to take him awhile.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 11:17:23 EDT »

Maybe Palmer will be better without that idiot that played at GA next to him. (Pollack?)
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2014, 12:45:17 EDT »

Here's the possible good news. I hope this means Brad Nessler moves up the ladder, as it's long overdue. For my money, he's the best college football announcer in the business and has been for a long time.

BG
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2014, 01:31:14 EDT »

Here's the possible good news. I hope this means Brad Nessler moves up the ladder, as it's long overdue. For my money, he's the best college football announcer in the business and has been for a long time.

BG

Agree 100%
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 07:33:44 EDT »

Palmer's the douche who claims to have beaten Tennessee in all four years he played us everytime he talks about Tennessee-Florida right?

GO VOLS!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: