VTTW Board Index
June 26, 2024, 07:26:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting read...  (Read 1836 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2014, 07:11:34 EDT »

http://regressing.deadspin.com/is-a-no-11-seed-actually-among-the-best-teams-in-the-c-1547060812?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 08:37:36 EDT »

Others are saying this also.  I think Pomeroy is suggesting luck has played a role, but he also mentions that we struggle at the end of close games, which could be a trademark.

Maybe we dodged that bullet last night? 

Below I jokingly called for us to go to the Final Four.  A joke yes, but one with a grain of truth, as this article shows.   Stranger things have happened.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:07:07 EDT »

It is possible. If the Vols are playing their A game they could beat any team in the country. On the other hand they can come out on some nights and lose to anybody in the country. They have been playing decent lately. Thought they shudda beat UF that given day.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: