VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 10:33:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: On the refs thing......  (Read 1552 times)
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:29:05 EDT »

I understand where Vinnie is coming from & no, life ain't fair. BUT, this is sports. The reason for having refs in a game is to KEEP IT FAIR! That's all they are supposed to be there to do! It's not just a matter of "what we could have done better?", it also involves what the refs could have done better and how much they did/didn't do to interfere with fairness instead of JUST insuring that fairness.

It's two different things.

G
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 01:40:41 EDT »

I'd love nothing more than for the refs to make the correct call all of the all the time. That would be awesome.  But it's just not my style to complain about refs. It's out of our control, and you can't go back and change it.  That ref who made the charge call doesn't have to be held accountable.  So for me, in my mind I have to find closure in a loss and I can't do that by blaming the refs.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 02:01:47 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
RON
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 03:18:49 EDT »

If Stokes was wearing a Kentucky,Duke or UNC jersey the call would have went the other way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: