VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 06:20:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wonder how the Northwestern unionizing thing is going to play out?  (Read 1707 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: April 25, 2014, 06:21:12 EDT »

I for one hope they don't pay the players. I am sick of the comparisons to slavery. It's a disservice to actual slaves and other atrocities.  I do not believe the O-lines at USC, Alabama, ND..etc are going to bed hungry. Have you been to some of these large campuses and looked around. I don't think none of the kids are there against there will. No way to fairly pay a college athlete. Should a football player make more than a lacrosse player? Or a gymnast? What is a college education worth. Most students are 100k+ in debt when graduating.

volsboyinsodak
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 07:50:51 EDT »

Full NLRB will likely overrule the single member and void any vote taken. No matter what, the players would lose money to IRS if they unionize or NLRB ruling they have no right to vote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: