VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 09:20:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's a big day for video game historians...  (Read 1714 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:59:14 EDT »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/26/the-dig-uncovering-the-atari-et-games-buried-in-new-mexico-desert

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:10:15 EDT »

I didn't think the "crash" happened that soon.  It seems it was more like the 85 or 86 timeframe.  But I suppose it could have started in 1983.  I got my Atari 2600 (or whatever number it was) in early 83...it was hardly crashing at that time.  Me and my friends played video games all the way through my senior year of 84-85.

But whatever, interesting that they did bury them.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 10:46:54 EDT »

I didn't think the "crash" happened that soon.  It seems it was more like the 85 or 86 timeframe.  But I suppose it could have started in 1983.  I got my Atari 2600 (or whatever number it was) in early 83...it was hardly crashing at that time.  Me and my friends played video games all the way through my senior year of 84-85.

But whatever, interesting that they did bury them.   

Atari has a pretty sad and colorful history, if you've never read up on it.  Basically, it was a cautionary tale of some creative types with no business acumen who sold out to some business types with no creativity (at least when it came to the electronic realm).  It would be interesting to see what gaming would be today if Atari had survived.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/ign-presents-the-history-of-atari

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: