VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 12:26:14 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder if Penn State really looked into Franklin's involvement......  (Read 3246 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2014, 02:59:37 EDT »

.....with the rape case against Vandy players?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10858666/james-franklin-contacted-alleged-rape-victim-vanderbilt-commodores
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 04:08:23 EDT »

If they didn't they are major dumb asses and deserve what they have gotten themselves in to. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:16:44 EDT »

they are major dumb asses  
  = Penn State if they chose a coach anywhere associated with a sex scandal!!!   

G   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:29:08 EDT »

To be fair, Franklin himself had nothing to do with it.  But that lion inside him has a mind of its own.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 06:37:36 EDT »

To be fair, Franklin himself had nothing to do with it.  But that lion inside him has a mind of its own.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 03:46:19 EDT »

If what we are reading is true then the allegations in the court filing have the effect of indicating that Franklin also was guilty of improper recruiting tactics as well and could land Vanderbilt in NCAA hot water as well.  Franklin the gift to Vanderbilt that keeps on giving.    PSU is gonna get roasted for hiring this clown if the allegations are found to have basis in fact. 

And people claimed he was a great coach and humanitarian....yeppers he sure is.....ala Lame Kiffin!!!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 01:14:15 EDT »

When I was 14, I meet a circus roustabout that spent a couple of weeks with my uncle.  He liked my wit and look at the world so he taught me about con-men so I would not be bilked out of money.  Franklin is a con-man, pure and simple.  Puts on a front to convince everyone he is honest and man of honor. Look you right in the eye and steal your wallet while slapping you on the back.  It is now evident his only interest is winning and promoting himself.

I am a firm believer in karma.  His past actions would appear to be catching up on him.  If he gets in trouble, it will be of his own doing. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:47:10 EDT »

When I was 14, I meet a circus roustabout that spent a couple of weeks with my uncle.  He liked my wit and look at the world so he taught me about con-men so I would not be bilked out of money.  Franklin is a con-man, pure and simple.  Puts on a front to convince everyone he is honest and man of honor. Look you right in the eye and steal your wallet while slapping you on the back.  It is now evident his only interest is winning and promoting himself.

I am a firm believer in karma.  His past actions would appear to be catching up on him.  If he gets in trouble, it will be of his own doing. 

Agree....In my 60 years I've had a knack of picking those people out from a mile away...I'd add Kiffin to that list too. Guy has gone from a OC at USCe to HC at Oakland to HC at UT to HC at USC to OC at Bama all in about a 6 year span and hasn't done a damn thing to earn any of it.

I spotted Franklin as on in about a week after Vandy hired him. He even got the media to fall hook, line and sinker. Heck, even a Vol radio station here talked about him every day for the 3 years he was at Vandy. They had a man love for the dude. I even called in and called them on it...

Fra
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: