VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:03:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PAC 12 coaches crying about SEC 8 game schedule.  (Read 2104 times)
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2014, 02:01:11 EDT »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/several-pac-12-coaches-speak-out-against-sec-s-eight-game-schedules-011628628.html
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:16:13 EDT »

If you can't beat 'em, whine about 'em.

I favor a 9-game conference schedule myself, but how is it any of the Pac 12's business what the SEC decides to do?
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 05:35:52 EDT »

If you can't beat 'em, whine about 'em.

I favor a 9-game conference schedule myself, but how is it any of the Pac 12's business what the SEC decides to do?

When your 9 conference games include 6 or more against ranked opponents, get back to me.  Otherwise, STFU.  I'll trade our "soft" 8 game SEC slate this year plus our weakest OOC opponent (UTC) for ANY 9 Pac 12 opponents, right now, straight up.  And that would probably hurt our SOS.

That said, I also favor a 9 game conference schedule, if only because it will keep us from going 10+ years without seeing some of our league mates.  That's just way too long.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:40:44 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 05:22:38 EDT »

The Big 12 also whined about this earlier in the week.

Although this does bring up an interesting answer to the ""home and home" problem, which is that if other leagues are trading 4 home games for 5, then the SEC can also.  Yes, some years that will suck, but that's life in the big city.

As college football has grown bigger and into a huge cash cow, some things have to change.   Playing an unequal number of home and away games in a conference schedule is not, in the grand scheme of things, that big a deal compared to other things.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:26:13 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 05:09:48 EDT »

It makes perfect sense for Pac 12 coaches to want SEC football teams to play as many other SEC teams as possible. In fact, if I were a coach in any other conference, I would probably lobby for SEC teams to play 12 conference games each season.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: