VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 09:44:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jack Bauer and the return of 24...  (Read 1971 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:11:27 EDT »

So far I think this is going to be the best season ever. Really, liked it...a lot!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 09:13:57 EDT »

I've seen a lot of predictable articles over the last few days questioning whether a show like 24 belongs in today's America.  "The guns, the torture, the violence, the jingoism, WHAAAAAA!!!!".  As I read, I could literally hear the author's heart bleeding.  I hope this season breaks ratings records just to prove people like that wrong.

I love high brow TV like Game of Thrones and Mad Men as much as anyone.  But sometimes, I just want to watch an American hero like Jack F'ing Bauer kick some ass.  If that offends your delicate sensibilities, then tough shizzle.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2014, 02:35:27 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

CornFromAJar
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 11:10:20 EDT »

I've seen a lot of predictable articles over the last few days questioning whether a show like 24 belongs in today's America.  "The guns, the torture, the violence, the jingoism, WHAAAAAA!!!!".  As I read, I could literally hear the author's heart bleeding.  I hope this season breaks ratings records just to prove people like that wrong.

I love high brow TV like Game of Thrones and Mad Men as much as anyone.  But sometimes, I just want a watch an American hero like Jack F'ing Bauer kick some ass.  If that offends your delicate sensibilities, then tough shizzle.

What he said. 
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:44 EDT »

Black Diamond,
Games of Thrones high brow? More blood and gore than anytime on 24.  Good TV though.  I would like to see what Jack could do with a sword.

I do like shows with plot twists.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 12:36:38 EDT »

Black Diamond,
Games of Thrones high brow? More blood and gore than anytime on 24.  Good TV though.  I would like to see what Jack could do with a sword.

I do like shows with plot twists.

Well in this case, when I say "high brow", I mean "critically acclaimed". 

I did notice that Michelle Fairley (AKA Catelyn Stark) is the presumed "big baddie" on 24 this season.  So she was killed at the Red Wedding, and now she's up against Jack Bauer.  She must really enjoy roles in which her character dies horrifically.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: