VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:34:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Son's 1st Game - Seating Info  (Read 2771 times)
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:18:18 EDT »

I am taking my son to his first game in Neyland!  This is definitely a proud Dad day for me and I am excited to show him all things Vol that weekend.  We are going up for the Utah St game.  He is 9 and I think finally old enough to appreciate the experience.  I was able to get a room for one night at the Hilton downtown and glad to be able to park once and not have to deal with traffic after the game.

I got tickets in the 1st row of section DD.  I know the view will be fantastic but being a tall person (6"6") how is the gap between the seats and concrete wall in front of us?  Do we possibly catch a break on a little extra room sitting there?  I do like the fact of not having a person sitting in front of us.  It should help him watching the game. I have not sat in the upper deck often and don't know much about the overhang. 

If anyone has any insight on that first row, it is greatly appreciated. 
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 11:22:20 EDT »

Best seats in the house, minus the Terrace, IMO. There is some leg room.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 02:16:42 EDT »

Thanks Creek!  
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:56 EDT »

A follow up question.  Years ago, they kept the Natl Championship trophy over at the indoor practice facility.  It was in a nice room with the Manning & Martin wax figures, UT videos and some other cool stuff.  Does that room still exist now they have built the bigger and better facility? If so, what is the name of the room so I can search to see the open times.  The last time I was there, Fulmer was still HC. 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 10:30:21 EDT »

I'm not sure where it's located, but I heard Kiffiin added wax figures of Reggie Bush and an unnamed hostess.  Dooley had a wax figure of Rommel added next to a bamboo shoot that never grew.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 10:43:49 EDT »

I'm not sure where it's located, but I heard Kiffiin added wax figures of Reggie Bush and an unnamed hostess.  Dooley had a wax figure of Rommel added next to a bamboo shoot that never grew.

As I heard it, Dooley tried to teach them how to bathe and the Ivory soap ate away at the wax, so all the figures were removed.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 10:47:56 EDT »

LOL!  My son will grow up to remember the Kiffin/Dooley time as "those years we don't discuss".  I don't think the room exist any longer and if so, it is probably more for recruiting than general public.  It was cool though.  I remember looking at the indoor practice field thru a window and also standing next to Chavis and some other coaches while looking at the wall of All-Americans.  The coaches were just standing around waiting for the team to assemble for the Vol Walk.  They were talking to some recruits.  I think it was for general fan purpose use back then.  Did they think I was a brother of a recruit? My story might be getting better by the minute.  
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 10:50:17 EDT by TallVol » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: