VTTW Board Index
July 01, 2024, 09:40:51 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SEC observations after 4 weeks of football  (Read 3774 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2014, 04:22:26 EDT »

- I suspected LSU was not that good after they barely squeaked by Wisky on a comeback. LSU has talent, but in the SECW, they may be battling Arkansas for worst team in the SECW. Arkansas may be better than them actually.
- Indiana goes into Mizzou and beats them? WTF? Is there a team in the east that is not beatable? I don't think so.
- Jeff Driskel is terrible
- FL's defense, as I suspected after watching them vs UK, is overrated. Their run game can also be shut down, and if you do that, you win because Driskel will make a lot of mistakes passing the ball.
- Bama's offense could actually be better this year, due to Sims being the dual threat he is. Henry is a load. However, their defense can be had.
- SCe struggled against Vandy....who saw that coming?
- MSU - very impressive, and their open date comes at a nice time for them to avoid a letdown.
- Auburn can be beaten. If you can slow down their run, which is do-able, Marshall is very average passing. He does however have the ability to make a play when you need one.

Best team in the east right now: SCe
Best team in the west right now: aTm

subject to change of course :)

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 05:43:56 EDT »

LSU is better than Arkansas.  I am not buying the Arkansas hype just yet.  Northern Illinois was very good last year but lost a ton and at the end of the day they were playing a physical SEC team on the road.  Let's see what Arkansas can do against one of the better SEC teams first.

Indiana beating Mizzou is very encouraging.  Way to go, my home state team.   

Florida seems to have issues in the secondary, and did against both UK and UA.  We have very good receivers.   

Along those lines, I want to see Blake Sims against a couple more SEC D's before I anoint him as the next Joe Namath (who was entertaining on the pregame show Saturday...one of the very few ex-bammers that I can stand.  )

I am not at all surprised that USC jr struggled against Vandy....I don't think USC jr is good at all, as the OBC admitted in his post game presser.  They beat uga because that's "one of those games" where you just throw our rankings and records.

Best team in the East is uga, in spite of the USC jr loss.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 07:14:03 EDT »

FL didn't stop the run either. basically their defense has been....bad

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 07:22:43 EDT »

The SEC East is very average this year. Someone give me a good reason why we can't have reasonable hopes of being in Atlanta in December 2015?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 07:31:38 EDT »

The SEC East is very average this year. Someone give me a good reason why we can't have reasonable hopes of being in Atlanta in December 2015?

I can't, I think we should hope so - except we need to find a QB next year. Based on how improved Worley is this year, I am encouraged that Dobbs or Peterman will be much improved next year. If so, we will do some damage, we will have tons of talent returning.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 05:07:26 EDT »

The story that stands out for me is six of the conference's western division teams being ranked in the top 16, including four teams in the top 10. Since the inception of conference divisions, that's unprecedented for a single division to be that dominate in college football.

The other story is the continued winning ways on the field for the Aggies. The move to the SEC was a brilliant move for them both financially and in terms of talent since they continue to recruit lights out.

BG
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 05:06:15 EDT »

The story that stands out for me is six of the conference's western division teams being ranked in the top 16, including four teams in the top 10. Since the inception of conference divisions, that's unprecedented for a single division to be that dominate in college football.

The other story is the continued winning ways on the field for the Aggies. The move to the SEC was a brilliant move for them both financially and in terms of talent since they continue to recruit lights out.

BG

They are likely eating the Longhorns lunch, which is a bonus.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 05:14:06 EDT »

FL didn't stop the run either. basically their defense has been....bad

They bottled up bammer's run game early Saturday...many of the rush yards by bammer came in the late second half.  Of course, the gators sold out to stop the run by bringing up a safety and cooper made them pay.  But yeah, florida looks very beatable this year.   

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 07:37:13 EDT »

They bottled up bammer's run game early Saturday...many of the rush yards by bammer came in the late second half.  Of course, the gators sold out to stop the run by bringing up a safety and cooper made them pay.  But yeah, florida looks very beatable this year.  

Their defense is one of the worst I've ever seen. They gave up the most yards during the game in the history of Gator football. To add to their misery, their QB is awful and they have a very weak running game. Mullen from Mississippi State to UF after this season???

BG
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: