VTTW Board Index
May 23, 2024, 09:12:16 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking Ahead at the Rest of the Season  (Read 1738 times)
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« on: November 07, 2014, 08:02:47 EST »

I realize there are still lots of questions about this team and the consensus seems to be that we should be happy with a 6-6 record and a bowl game. However, I really think this team is better than that, and I don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that we win out and win the bowl game, ending the season with 8 wins, a 5-game winning streak, and possibly even a top 25 ranking.

Yes, UK is improved and Mizz is still a good team (although not as good as last year), and Vandy… well, they’re Vandy. I know we’re young and lacking in depth but we should still have more talent than UK or Vandy, and I don’t think the talent at Mizzou is as good as UGA, UF, and maybe even S.Carolina. And truthfully, I think we may have more playmakers. Say what you will but there is no reason to think we cannot end the season with some real momentum. So, am I being overly optimistic, am I setting the bar too high, or is this a realistic expectation?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 09:25:25 EST by Mean Old Man » Logged
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 08:31:07 EST »

IMO, neither Butch nor the program can afford to lose to Kentucky this season. I'll accept a loss to Mizzou if it means beating UK. But 7-5 would be nice.
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 08:58:45 EST »

performance of the D. I'm hoping that the decrease in effectiveness was due to exhaustion and if so this off date should remedy that....come back with fresh legs, fresh minds and the exhilaration of a big win on the road. As long as Josh can maintain, or improve, his performance and the D returns to former effectiveness, I don't see why we would lose any of the remaining games...barring turnovers etc.           
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 09:43:46 EST »

IMO, neither Butch nor the program can afford to lose to Kentucky this season. I'll accept a loss to Mizzou if it means beating UK. But 7-5 would be nice.

Definitely don't want to lose to UK (talk about throwing a stick in the spokes) but IMO, this team really needs the Mizzou win too if for no other reason than to demonstrate that we can beat a quality opponent other that S. Carolina. I kind of see Mizzou as this season's bench mark game. 

performance of the D. I'm hoping that the decrease in effectiveness was due to exhaustion and if so this off date should remedy that....come back with fresh legs, fresh minds and the exhilaration of a big win on the road. As long as Josh can maintain, or improve, his performance and the D returns to former effectiveness, I don't see why we would lose any of the remaining games...barring turnovers etc.           

Yes, the D needs to get back on track and Dobbs needs to continue to play well. Part of the optimism is believing both will happen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: