VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 04:44:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So the consensus is Liberty, Belk, Music City, in that order  (Read 7094 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2014, 08:51:34 EST »

of the most likely destinations.  Independence Bowl has a couple mentions and Birmingham one.  I have a hunch it's the Liberty Bowl, which would suit me since my family is likely meeting at my brother's house in Memphis after Christmas anyway.

My SIL can be a beyotch sometimes, so that might be a good way to avoid spending too much time with family during the holidays.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 09:57:13 EST »

I know we all want to play a "name" opponent like ND or Texas, but a bowl win and a winning record would be huge for this program's momentum and recruiting.  With that in mind, maybe we would be better off playing someone more beatable like NC State or Iowa.  Because let's face it- with our injury situation, we would be BIG underdogs against most of the better teams we see in our bowl projections.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 09:59:06 EST »

I know we all want to play a "name" opponent like ND or Texas, but a bowl win and a winning record would be huge for this program's momentum and recruiting.  With that in mind, maybe we would be better off playing someone more beatable like NC State or Iowa.  Because let's face it- with our injury situation, we would be BIG underdogs against most of the better teams we see in our bowl projections.

I'd prefer to play a name opponent and win.   
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:02:03 EST »

I'd prefer to play a name opponent and win.   

Me too- but if given the choice, I'd rather beat a tomato can than lose to ND.  Actually, now that I think about it, I'd rather spend a week in prison than lose to ND.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 11:45:59 EST »

I agree.  The most often cited opponent in the Liberty Bowl is West Virginia. I would rather not play them.   They are sort of middle of the pack on name recognition but are actually quite good.  Frankly I think they are better than Notre Dame or a couple of the other "name" teams that have been mentioned.  That would be the worst of both worlds...losing to a team with "sort of" name recognition.  Bring on NC State, I say!

I mean heck...if FREAKING DOOLEY could beat them.   

Speaking of ACC teams...one prediction is Duke in the Belk Bowl. That would be even worse!  I think we would have a good chance of losing, and they have, if anything, negative name recognition.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: