VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:02:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other coaches would hate me...  (Read 3025 times)
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2015, 12:39:46 EST »

but I would never take my foot off the gas.  I might put in the second or third teams, but I would always allow them to run the regular offense.  I hate the late scores. 
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:40:44 EST »

Agree. 
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 01:23:59 EST »

Made the score look better than it was. We got sloppy in the 4th quarter.
Jethro
Heisman

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 02:13:34 EST »

We were coasting.  Now you may say that we should never do that and I wouldn't disagree with you but when we gave Butch the Gatorade shower with 2 minutes left, I knew we were just dicking around.  Great game though.
Be-the-Vol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:31:18 EST »

We were coasting.  Now you may say that we should never do that and I wouldn't disagree with you but when we gave Butch the Gatorade shower with 2 minutes left, I knew we were just dicking around.  Great game though.

I agree that's what happened, and it was a great win.  I just don't see how putting in the second team offense and then only having them hand off up the middle helps get them ready to fill in if injuries happen (especially the back-up QB).  I saw this with previous coaches and it has always driven me crazy.  If they get in the game, let them get real game experience running the regular offense.  Hey, I need something to complain about!   
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 02:57:28 EST »

Agree.  See Oregon.  They never ever let up.  They push push push and go full speed until the very end.  They strike fear into their opponents, because as you say yesterday in the 3rd quarter... even when good teams slip up and turn the ball over, you blink and they're up 3+ scores and the game is over.

I always hated it when Fulmer would practically take a knee 3 times and punt to run out the clock.  And today, while I'm clearly thrilled with the outcome, I agreed with the tv guys when they said "why is Dobbs taking all these hits and the end of the game?"  Didn't make sense... if you're going to just run, run, run.. let the RB's take the hits.

Either way, GO VOLS!!   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 08:25:44 EST »

My only complaint is the play calling on our last score.  Three straight runs by Dobbs.  Almost like Dobbs just wanted to run another in.  Try a pass there....but then again with this staff passes in the end zone are often INTs.  Still, at least give the ball to Hurd or Lane one of those times.

A minor complaint...we didn't need the score, but it almost seemed like Butch wanted practice for our kicker.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 09:40:14 EST »

A minor complaint...we didn't need the score, but it almost seemed like Butch wanted practice for our kicker.   

I thought the same thing.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: