VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 03:16:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "3 Senior Starters"...but who?  (Read 2483 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:47:47 EST »

The announcers stated the above a couple times yesterday.  I am guessing they are not including AJ?

If not, then is Coleman a starter?  I know he plays nickel but does he start at nickel?  

I suppose it's Gilliam on the OL and O'Brien/Williams at DT...anyone disagree?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:56:51 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 12:56:36 EST »

Had to go to a Hawkeye site, but yup....those three are all seniors. 

http://www.hawkcentral.com/story/sports/college/iowa/football/2015/01/01/iowa-tennessee-lineups-taxslayer-bowl/21156145/

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 01:04:22 EST »

Correction...Coleman is listed as a starter and O'Brien turns out to be a sophomore.

So...we lose Williams, Gilliam, and Coleman from the current starting lineup.

Clearly the strength of the line was at DE, but I thought Williams did a serviceable job along with O'Brien in spite of seeming to play hurt most of the year.  I am glad O'Brien is back.

Coleman had his best year but still was inconsistent at times.

Gilliam was (and I know this is not saying much, lol) one of the better OL IMO in spite of playing with a torn ACL.  If I could pick one I wanted back it would be him.

I thank all three for their contributions and we will miss them, but clearly none of them are "deal breakers" in terms of being replaceable.

The future is very bright.   

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2015, 02:21:10 EST »

The announcers stated the above a couple times yesterday.  I am guessing they are not including AJ?

If not, then is Coleman a starter?  I know he plays nickel but does he start at nickel?  

I suppose it's Gilliam on the OL and O'Brien/Williams at DT...anyone disagree?
in the base defense, as we opened in yesterday, Coleman is the starter.  When we go to nickel Colleman moves to Nickel and Mosely comes in at corner

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: