VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 04:37:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who says we aren't snakebit?  (Read 3751 times)
Creek Walker
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:03:44 EDT »

http://www.knoxnews.com/govolsxtra/basketball/report-academic-misconduct-occurred-at-texas-under-rick-barnes_64889241
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 07:10:09 EDT »

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 10:09:48 EDT »

And the hits keep on coming. http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/06/10/report-jauan-jennings-could-face-criminal-charges/

It's really unbelievable.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 11:50:44 EDT »

Routine.  He has talent, but I hardly thought the future of our program hinged on him.  This occurs at every school.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2015, 02:46:09 EDT »

I don't think either of these will end up being much of a big deal. Butch needs to find a way to make Jennings's punishment involve a position move to safety. 

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2015, 03:45:37 EDT »

I don't think either of these will end up being much of a big deal. Butch needs to find a way to make Jennings's punishment involve a position move to safety. 

The Jennings thing won't be, but I'm not so sure on the Barnes deal. On the surface, it seems like there was a pattern there. Once the NCAA levies sanctions on UNC for academic fraud, they're going to have to hammer the next person in line for a similar offense...so IF Barnes knew about these allegations (assuming they're proven), it might not end pretty.
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2015, 04:32:41 EDT »

Just another thing that causes me to wonder why he would leave Texas and why would they want him gone in the first place? Could be he expected fallout over this. I have been suspicious of this hire from the get-go. But maybe nothing big comes from it and we can move on from here. Or, will be looking for another coach in the revolving door that is Tennessee basketball.

volsboyinsodak
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: