VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:40:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stoops and OU are not worried about the environment Saturday...  (Read 12508 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 08, 2015, 01:16:45 EDT »

I mean, Neyland isn't any louder than FSU or ND, is it?  Nah.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2015/09/07/the-return-of-neyland/
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:18:38 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 01:53:43 EDT »

If OU hits some of those long passes early (you know they're going to try it on the first drive after watching the BGSU film), it'll quieten down.  Hope that's not the case, and I hope we solve whatever the problems were this past week.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:41 EDT »

Don't know why OU would be worried about coming to Neyland.......Over the past several years we haven't given anybody a reason to fear or worry about us. We have been pretty much the laughing stock of college football as of late. I've laughed to keep from crying to be honest.

We have a chance this weekend to change that.....It's put up or shut up time IMO.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 02:33:58 EDT »

Don't know why OU would be worried about coming to Neyland.......Over the past several years we haven't given anybody a reason to fear or worry about us. We have been pretty much the laughing stock of college football as of late. I've laughed to keep from crying to be honest.

We have a chance this weekend to change that.....It's put up or shut up time IMO.
agreed...Others have said the same thing in the recent past while UT was down and didn't have the talent or coaches to do much about it and the outcome wasn't good..That isn't the case this week.
Is time for UT coaches and players to change all of that and it starts Saturday night..Give your all for Tennessee and protect this house!!! Go Vols!!  
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 02:56:59 EDT »

Anyone going to the game, get loud and stay loud for four quarters.  This used to be easy for me.  But as I've discovered as I've gotten older, it's sometimes easier said than done.  Here are a couple tips to help you sustain the noise:

You want to get loud and create sustained white noise whenever OU comes to the line on offense.  But earlier in the game, when the stakes are lower, do so in low-pitched tone of voice.  This is easier on your vocal chords and will hopefully allow you do be at your loudest late in the game when it counts.  And the second OU snaps the ball, stop yelling.  Again, this will hopefully allow you to save some for later.

Cough drops.  Buy a big bag, and suck on them throughout the game.  And not these "all natural" cough drops, either.  I'm talking Halls.  The kind that taste like you've just taken a shot of anti-freeze. 

And for the love of God, when UT has the ball, SHUT THE fizzle UP (unless you're cheering after a big play of course).  Also, if I catch anyone trying to start the wave, I will personally come down there and choke a bitch.

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2015, 03:00:50 EDT »

Anyone going to the game, get loud and stay loud for four quarters.  This used to be easy for me.  But as I've discovered as I've gotten older, it's sometimes easier said than done.  Here are a couple tips to help you sustain the noise:

You want to get loud and create sustained white noise whenever OU comes to the line on offense.  But earlier in the game, when the stakes are lower, do so in low-pitched tone of voice.  This is easier on your vocal chords and will hopefully allow you do be at your loudest late in the game when it counts.  And the second OU snaps the ball, stop yelling.  Again, this will hopefully allow you to save some for later.

Cough drops.  Buy a big bag, and suck on them throughout the game.  And not these "all natural" cough drops, either.  I'm talking Halls.  The kind that taste like you've just taken a shot of anti-freeze. 

And for the love of God, when UT has the ball, SHUT THE fizzle UP (unless you're cheering after a big play of course).  Also, if I catch anyone trying to start the wave, I will personally come down there and choke a bitch.
And try to refrain from the Rocky Top Woo.. will help conserve vocal cords too..
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2015, 03:06:04 EDT »

Don't do the damn wave unless Vols are up at least three TDs. You forgot that one, BDV.

Unfortunately it looks more and more like it will be a rainy Saturday. That will suck a lot of the personality out of the place, as well as ruin the checkerboard effect if the ponchos are out.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2015, 03:18:39 EDT »

Don't do the damn wave unless Vols are up at least three TDs. You forgot that one, BDV.

Unfortunately it looks more and more like it will be a rainy Saturday. That will suck a lot of the personality out of the place, as well as ruin the checkerboard effect if the ponchos are out.

Up three TDs, down three TDs.  Doesn't matter.  There's NEVER a good time to do the wave, unless you've taken a time machine back to 1987.

Where are you getting that forecast?  I just checked the weather app on my phone, and it says partly sunny, dry, and a high of 71.  Seventy One.  That almost sounds too good to be true.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 03:19:45 EDT »

And try to refrain from the Rocky Top Woo.. will help conserve vocal cords too..

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 03:21:15 EDT »

Last years Florida game was loud until Worley fumbled the game away. :(
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 03:49:35 EDT »

Didn't stop us against uga in '99
Emeril got me sweet seats on the 50
One of the most beautiful sights I've had was walking from YouTee's office over the hill that night and seeing Neyland lit up in the light rain - simply beautiful

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 04:20:56 EDT »

And then there's this...

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/tennessee-volunteers-oklahoma-sooners-striker-calls-out-sec-fans-090815

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 04:26:34 EDT »

I hope Hurd runs right over Striker on the way to the end zone and makes him a high light on Sports Center..lol
Creek Walker
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 04:29:12 EDT »

Up three TDs, down three TDs.  Doesn't matter.  There's NEVER a good time to do the wave, unless you've taken a time machine back to 1987.

Where are you getting that forecast?  I just checked the weather app on my phone, and it says partly sunny, dry, and a high of 71.  Seventy One.  That almost sounds too good to be true.

My forecast is from the National Weather Service. They're now up to a 60% chance of rain for Saturday. I'm also a weather geek and I keep up with the forecast models pretty closely and unfortunately they've been trending wetter for Saturday. Looks like one of those days that's cloudy, cool, with off-and-on rain showers.

But I sure hope that whichever model your forecast app bases its predictions on proves to be correct. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 05:43:56 EDT »

wouldn't an absolute downpour put a damper (so to speak) on the passing game and isn't our offense geared more to the run side at the moment?

Just saying....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 06:40:40 EDT »

My forecast is from the National Weather Service. They're now up to a 60% chance of rain for Saturday. I'm also a weather geek and I keep up with the forecast models pretty closely and unfortunately they've been trending wetter for Saturday. Looks like one of those days that's cloudy, cool, with off-and-on rain showers.

But I sure hope that whichever model your forecast app bases its predictions on proves to be correct. 
What I am seeing leads me to believe that while the forecast might be 60% today it will drop back some since the front is pushing through today and the secondary fronts are very weak fronts at best.  The secondary weak front showing on the map is only a front and does not have a real Low associated with it at this time.  That leads me to believe that the percentage will drop back to 30-40% at most.  Also I note it dropped 30 percentage points overnight already due to the speed of the front moving through the valley.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 10:15:45 EDT »

What I am seeing leads me to believe that while the forecast might be 60% today it will drop back some since the front is pushing through today and the secondary fronts are very weak fronts at best.  The secondary weak front showing on the map is only a front and does not have a real Low associated with it at this time.  That leads me to believe that the percentage will drop back to 30-40% at most.  Also I note it dropped 30 percentage points overnight already due to the speed of the front moving through the valley.

You and I are about to geek up this thread.  But the strongest cold front is actually the one that will move through at some point on Saturday...that's what will usher in the cooler, fall-like temps; it's just a matter of how much moisture and how much forcing will be available. Today's model runs continue to trend wetter, but also speed up the front, as you noted. So, yeah, hopefully this thing will come through overnight or very early Saturday and then get out of the way because it's truly gonna feel like football weather on the back side of it.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 11:15:04 EDT »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2015, 12:12:45 EDT »

I often have to use weather predictions to decide whether soccer games should be postponed.  My experience leads me to believe that you should not believe anything until about 12 hours prior to the event.  And as for 60% predicts of precipitation, they typically apply to a much wider area than a stadium and so are usually on the high side.

Now, having said that, the hourly predicts on the Weather Channel app went to shizzle about a year or so ago. I used to depend on them.  I have also used Weather Underground and other sites with less success.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 01:36:10 EDT »

Hope the weather holds up for several reasons... This is one more 

@wvlt JUST IN: Navy flyover planned for Saturday's game. A Boeing P-8 Poseidon will fly over the stadium as the anthem ends.

Creek Walker
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 02:42:14 EDT »

Hope the weather holds up for several reasons... This is one more 

@wvlt JUST IN: Navy flyover planned for Saturday's game. A Boeing P-8 Poseidon will fly over the stadium as the anthem ends.

That's gonna be sweet.
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2015, 02:55:32 EDT »

My forecast says 50 pct chance of Orange and another 50 pct chance of White..idk 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2015, 03:11:01 EDT »

Meh.  Navy hunk o' junk.  The game in Nashville had a real flyover. 

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2015, 08:02:08 EDT »

Meh.  Navy hunk o' junk.  The game in Nashville had a real flyover. 

I would agree

However, this jet has my toy installed whilst the C-17 was one of the few left that didn't (I could tell by the landing lights)

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 11:31:34 EDT »

You and I are about to geek up this thread.  But the strongest cold front is actually the one that will move through at some point on Saturday...that's what will usher in the cooler, fall-like temps; it's just a matter of how much moisture and how much forcing will be available. Today's model runs continue to trend wetter, but also speed up the front, as you noted. So, yeah, hopefully this thing will come through overnight or very early Saturday and then get out of the way because it's truly gonna feel like football weather on the back side of it.
I'd say the more significant chance of rain will pass by noon

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: