VTTW Board Index
June 16, 2024, 05:20:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst loss ever.  (Read 3468 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2015, 09:16:58 EDT »

I would rather lose by 10 or more than lose the way UT lost to Florida yesterday. What makes it worse is Florida has now won 11 straight and 24 out of the last 30 meetings. They have 1 guaranteed win a year and that is UT. I hate losing to the same team year after year.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2015, 09:25:42 EDT »

I would rather lose by 10 or more than lose the way UT lost to Florida yesterday. What makes it worse is Florida has now won 11 straight and 24 out of the last 30 meetings. They have 1 guaranteed win a year and that is UT. I hate losing to the same team year after year.

Well KY is even more guaranteed for them, but we are beginning to approach that, unfortunately.

The only silver lining I have is that we should have beaten them the last year, and more so this year.  

Eleven years is the longest streak anyone has on us, and that was bammer in the bear days.  If Butch can get his head out of his arse, there is no reason we can't compete with them for the foreseeable future, and break the streak.  The last two games we were so close.

Again...IF Butch removes his head from his posterior we can get them next year.

But my days of worrying about what we do against the gators the year following a tough loss are long over.  I'm more worried right now about what we do against Arkansas next week.  
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 11:40:52 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 10:41:11 EDT »

For me the worst loss is still the '01 SEC championship.

With some work we can hit 8-4. It's very doable. The problem is my prediction of 8-4 was predicated on other teams being better than they are. Arkansas and South Carolina are pretty bad, so that record may not look terrific.

Also, apparently McIlwain is more concerned with winning than brick collecting. That proved problematic.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2015, 10:55:34 EDT »

1990 bammer.

/thread

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2015, 11:14:53 EDT »

Forgot that one. I started for the exit even before their kick. Of course we'd just suffered through AU's comeback to tie at 26. That season went a long way toward sealing Majors'  fate.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2015, 11:41:24 EDT »

Forgot that one. I started for the exit even before their kick. Of course we'd just suffered through AU's comeback to tie at 26. That season went a long way toward sealing Majors'  fate.

yep

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2015, 12:08:04 EDT »

While BDV has us being depressed over '90 Bama, does anyone remember the song Pinkard and Bowden did prior to the game to celebrate our pending victory?

All I remember is a line that went, "The quarterback that clown, well he fumbled on first down, Darryl Hardy picked it up, and ran it in." I think the stupid thing was even played on the pregame show.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 03:09:30 EDT »

While BDV has us being depressed over '90 Bama, does anyone remember the song Pinkard and Bowden did prior to the game to celebrate our pending victory?

All I remember is a line that went, "The quarterback that clown, well he fumbled on first down, Darryl Hardy picked it up, and ran it in." I think the stupid thing was even played on the pregame show.

Never heard of it, but that's funny

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: