VTTW Board Index
July 02, 2024, 08:33:17 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gators have one of the best DB groups in NCAA, Arkansas suspect there  (Read 3968 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2015, 04:33:47 EDT »

I think our passing attack is about to improve dramatically.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 04:57:11 EDT »

I seriously doubt that Arkansas is as suspect in the secondary as BGSU or WCU.

I know it's been said, but I really wouldn't mind see UT move to a dueling QB approach.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 05:04:27 EDT by Creek Walker » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 05:20:28 EDT »

I seriously doubt that Arkansas is as suspect in the secondary as BGSU or WCU.

I know it's been said, but I really wouldn't mind see UT move to a dueling QB approach.

And...surprise, surprise, surprise.  We threw the ball much better against BGSU and WCU.  Go figure.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 05:35:32 EDT »

efforts but we have running backs to run the ball we need a QB who can stretch the field and present a respect for the passing game for opponents. If we can generate an effective passing game it will improve an already good running game as well, not to mention more sustained drives which also allows the defense to play less fatigued. We desperately need a passing game.     
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 05:39:12 EDT »

And...surprise, surprise, surprise.  We threw the ball much better against BGSU and WCU.  Go figure.   

Meh. Dobbs averaged 8.1 yards per attempt against those two weaklings. My point is that our receivers struggled mightily to get separation down the field against BGSU and WCU so I don't expect a sudden emergence of a deep threat against Arky, unfortunately.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2015, 05:40:42 EDT »

Meh. Dobbs averaged 8.1 yards per attempt against those two weaklings. My point is that our receivers struggled mightily to get separation down the field against BGSU and WCU so I don't expect a sudden emergence of a deep threat against Arky, unfortunately.
This

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2015, 08:34:43 EDT »

We are a running team, that's what we do
HerbTarlekVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2015, 08:58:41 EDT »

We are a running team, that's what we do

And SEC DCs know that, too.  Until we can prove that we can throw the ball enough to make the opposition at least respect the pass we'll be seeing 8 in the box pretty regularly, and with or OL issues that's not a good thing. 

Go Army - Beat Navy!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2015, 09:05:44 EDT »

And SEC DCs know that, too.  Until we can prove that we can throw the ball enough to make the opposition at least respect the pass we'll be seeing 8 in the box pretty regularly, and with or OL issues that's not a good thing. 

Which means this weekend is a good chance to start trying to do this. It's a much better matchup than UF at least.  We will see.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: