VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 11:39:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Creek  (Read 3359 times)
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 04, 2015, 06:35:05 EDT »

A very light rain at game time.

Really no rain during the game, though I went the reverse mojo route and kept the rain gear on

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:59:52 EDT »

The weather was great. No complaints on that end. I'm guessing we were 15k light, and many of those were influenced by the forecast.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 07:31:33 EDT »

We got lucky. The rain continuously fizzled as it crossed the mountains...which is actually what forecast models were showing earlier in the week before they locked in on a solution that drowned Knoxville.

Turns out, the Vols met expectations just about as well as the weather.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 03:34:09 EDT »

We got lucky. The rain continuously fizzled as it crossed the mountains...which is actually what forecast models were showing earlier in the week before they locked in on a solution that drowned Knoxville.

Turns out, the Vols met expectations just about as well as the weather.

All that modeling firepower and it still whiffs.   

Which is why I just wait and check Weather Channel website the day of.

But those models do track hurricane paths pretty well a day or two ahead, which is invaluable.    One problem with trying to predict rain is that at the end of the day Neyland is pretty small.  It could be raining hard just over the river in South Knoxville and miss the stadium altogether.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 03:47:51 EDT »

All that modeling firepower and it still whiffs.   

Which is why I just wait and check Weather Channel website the day of.

How did that work out for you? It was wrong too. Which was a good thing...we should all be thankful the forecast was screwed up, not looking for a gotcha moment. But my name isn't Bandit and I'm not constantly looking for an argument so I don't know.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 03:54:13 EDT »

How did that work out for you? It was wrong too. Which was a good thing...we should all be thankful the forecast was screwed up, not looking for a gotcha moment. But my name isn't Bandit and I'm not constantly looking for an argument so I don't know.
it turned into a surprisingly nice evening, except for the game.
When I looked at the radar (before the Internet shut down) before the game I would not have expected the nice evening.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 03:57:48 EDT »

Btw, the forecast was wrong in South Carolina too...in a bad way. Those folks are getting even more rain than expected from this system and dealing with catastrophic flooding. I feel for them.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 06:59:20 EDT »

It seemed like the field was wet & loose and hindered our players to some degree.  We are not a power team, so that hurt us.  the wet environment may have hurt Dobbs and his throwing, but who knows.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 01:50:40 EDT »

It seemed like the field was wet & loose and hindered our players to some degree.  We are not a power team, so that hurt us.  the wet environment may have hurt Dobbs and his throwing, but who knows.

That slip on the last drive hurt really bad, but we had plenty of chances before then....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: