VTTW Board Index
June 30, 2024, 11:56:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Officiating????  (Read 3733 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2015, 04:24:55 EDT »

Is it me or has this year been one of the most disgusting displays of officiating I have ever witnessed?  I could be here all day with just the game Saturday.  Right in front of the officials is what is really pissing me off and they act as if they have no clue what their job function is.  Regardless, Vols won despite the pack of blind mice on the field!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 04:27:57 EDT »

Is it me or has this year been one of the most disgusting displays of officiating I have ever witnessed?  I could be here all day with just the game Saturday.  Right in front of the officials is what is really pissing me off and they act as if they have no clue what their job function is.  Regardless, Vols won despite the pack of blind mice on the field!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!

The worst call on Saturday night was the lack of a PI call on the attempted pass to the corner of the end zone before our field goal.  That should have been First Down on the 2. The UGA defender had his hand almost inside of the facemask and the Ref is looking right at the play and just signaled incomplete.  When you have your hand in front of the receivers face and another hand on his back I believe that is the definition of INTERFERENCE!!!!!!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 04:56:35 EDT »

The worst call on Saturday night was the lack of a PI call on the attempted pass to the corner of the end zone before our field goal.  That should have been First Down on the 2. The UGA defender had his hand almost inside of the facemask and the Ref is looking right at the play and just signaled incomplete.  When you have your hand in front of the receivers face and another hand on his back I believe that is the definition of INTERFERENCE!!!!!!!

IMO the absolute worst was the block in the back that had already been called only to be reclassified as a block in the side ....all on a punt return for a TD! Even Danielson admitted it was a terrible call....I can't fathom how that occurs!     
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 05:10:44 EDT »

I've said for years that the SEC has the worst officiating of any of the Power 5 conferences. But it seems to be even worse this year. It got lost in Butch's coaching mishaps, but you could make a strong argument that officiating determined the outcome of the game at Florida, just on the final drive. Not stopping the clock for 5-6 seconds on UT's first first down, two forward progress screwups, and failing to flag Florida for 12 men on the field right before the FG try when McElwain used the time out.

Then, of course, there were plenty more on Saturday. Every SEC game I watch, the officials are finding ways to make themselves the center of attention.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 06:23:30 EDT »

The NFL officials are horrible this season, and I don't care about the outcome of the vast majority of games I watch.  They make the games almost unwatchable.  If they were "replacement" officials, the broadcasters would be going nuts, but they usually say something then just brush it off.  I've never seen worse, even from the replacements. Even replays are routinely botched. Just terrible.
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 06:41:42 EDT »

The NFL officials are horrible this season, and I don't care about the outcome of the vast majority of games I watch.  They make the games almost unwatchable.  If they were "replacement" officials, the broadcasters would be going nuts, but they usually say something then just brush it off.  I've never seen worse, even from the replacements. Even replays are routinely botched. Just terrible.

They would never admit it....but IMO the replay has caused the officiating to decline in both college and NFL. It's like, why do I have to work hard...I have  a backup.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2015, 06:47:15 EDT »

The ad where the group of officials are together making up a call with a live mike is unfortunately is seemingly more accurate than we would like.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
JDBVOL
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:11 EDT »

but the good news it went both ways.

on one of Dobbs TD runs the pulling Guard bear hugged the dawg to the ground in a full out wrestling take down.  was not called so it was good for us on that play. 

My question is what is the definition on holding per the SEC?  it has to be something different this year I can't remember the last play with a OL holding call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: