VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 01:49:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great blog on red zone offense vs uga  (Read 1984 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 13, 2015, 05:53:21 EDT »

https://footballconcepts.wordpress.com/2015/10/13/how-the-vols-scored-in-the-red-zone/

My doubts about Debord are dispelled.  I think he still has it.  Not saying he's perfect, but seems an upgrade from Bajackian

Flea'd from VN
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 06:40:48 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:10:58 EDT »

He had one good game. Why does that make you think OU, UF and Arky games are not his typical play calling. Why did he not call the offense in those games the same way as he did Saturday? Just being devils advocate. Let's see how he does against Bama. If he can call plays to beat them, then we have something.

volsboyinsodak
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:21:24 EDT »

He had one good game. Why does that make you think OU, UF and Arky games are not his typical play calling. Why did he not call the offense in those games the same way as he did Saturday? Just being devils advocate. Let's see how he does against Bama. If he can call plays to beat them, then we have something.

If you go back to that site, there are two blogs on the Florida game.  The author has a pretty high opinion of DeBord in that game, other than not throwing downfield more with play action.  He says the run plan was fine, just needed more passing.  I read the OU blog weeks ago, but IIRC, he was critical of the play of the OL moreso than the calls.  You can read them yourself if you want.

Haven't seen anything on Arkansas but it might be there as well.

He did a great job against Uga, so I expect good calls vs bammer also.  We will see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: