VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:37:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I the only one who finds it hard to watch the Bronco's? The amazing thing is  (Read 3776 times)
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2015, 06:41:09 EDT »

that they are 6-0. Of course they haven't played a good team yet. Everybody says the D is great, but they haven't played a good offense. They have the Packers and Pats coming up. We will see how good that D is. These teams will load the box and see if Peyton can beat them down the field. I don't see it happening. They all call Elway a great GM. How do you forget to get an OL that is competent. New England seems to get the right pieces on the field. I just hope Peyton knows when to call it quits and doesn't stay on too long. Some of his throws and decisions have been embarrassing, very un-Peyton like.. Maybe he is just trying to do too much as usual. What do some of you think? Is this offense ever going to jell? You have the most prolific passer in NFL history, and you bring in a run first coach with no offensive line. Peyton just looks uncomfortable in this offense. I put that on Elway. Like I said, seems like everyone Kraft/Belichek picks up performs well.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 07:08:13 EDT by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2015, 08:25:37 EDT »

become to debilitating for him to be as effective as he, and we, are used to...he should have retired last year.         
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2015, 08:33:34 EDT »

They're one of the worst offenses in the NFL so far, statistically. Can't run, can't pass. I agree with VOLMAN that Peyton is just too physically limited to carry a team anymore, and his offense doesn't have a running game good enough to just complement with the pass. They're going to keep struggling, I think.

But the defense has been amazing even when you account for the schedule-- one of if not the best in the league. If the defense can carry them to a first round bye in the playoffs who knows . . . maybe Peyton has just a little bit of magic left in him.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2015, 08:50:32 EDT »

They're one of the worst offenses in the NFL so far, statistically. Can't run, can't pass. I agree with VOLMAN that Peyton is just too physically limited to carry a team anymore, and his offense doesn't have a running game good enough to just complement with the pass. They're going to keep struggling, I think.

But the defense has been amazing even when you account for the schedule-- one of if not the best in the league. If the defense can carry them to a first round bye in the playoffs who knows . . . maybe Peyton has just a little bit of magic left in him.

I would love to see him go out on top. Just can't imagine that this year. Still blame Elway. He should have known the OL was terrible. As for the defense, they have looked good against bad offenses. If they can stop Rogers and Brady i will be a believer. Even if they do, the offense will never score enough to keep up with the Packers or Pats. The schedule is very favorable for the Broncos. Don't see how it is so easy being they were a playoff team last year. Of course the AFC West is not a strong as predicted. The Vikings are the best team Denver has played so far. Chargers, Packers and Pats after this weeks bye though.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2015, 09:25:47 EDT »

As for the defense, they have looked good against bad offenses. If they can stop Rogers and Brady i will be a believer. Even if they do, the offense will never score enough to keep up with the Packers or Pats. The schedule is very favorable for the Broncos. Don't see how it is so easy being they were a playoff team last year. Of course the AFC West is not a strong as predicted. The Vikings are the best team Denver has played so far. Chargers, Packers and Pats after this weeks bye though.

Even adjusted for schedule (which is 26th hardest) the Broncos' defense is 1st in the league in efficiency by a healthy margin. But I agree that it will be interesting to see how it does against the top offenses in the league.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2015, 10:31:05 EDT »

6-0 is 6-0, and in the NFL, 6-0 is still relatively rare.  That said, Peyton is not the Peyton of old, which is to say not one of the top 3 QB in the league.  He is still top half based on intelligence and experience alone, but will need to cut the errors (and some of them are mental, which is so un-Peyton-like) if the Broncos are to go deep in the playoffs.  I would not bet against him.  Wouldn't bet on him at this point, but sure wouldn't bet against him.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 10:43:20 EDT »

Wish Peyton had decided to hang it up last year. It is painful to watch him struggle.
SmokeyJoe
Re:
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 11:23:28 EDT »

It is painful as was the debacle against Seattle. I love him as a former Vol, but the fact is, he has a history of blowing up in big games, whether his fault or not. I think the showing in that super bowl kept him hanging on... Unless he has a reverse mojo season and catches fire in the playoffs, it probably won't end heroically, sadly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2015, 07:07:55 EDT »

It is painful as was the debacle against Seattle. I love him as a former Vol, but the fact is, he has a history of blowing up in big games, whether his fault or not. I think the showing in that super bowl kept him hanging on... Unless he has a reverse mojo season and catches fire in the playoffs, it probably won't end heroically, sadly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Can't really hang the Super Bowl all on Peyton. That was a team effort at suxing.   

As for Peyton at the moment, I think of it this way.  Broncos have a tough D (or at any rate one highly successful so far) and a (supposedly) run-oriented offense. In a situation like that, you just need a guy who can manage the game, make a few key throws and score a TD or two when needed.

If that guy is Peyton, well.... 

I hope they kill the fizzleing Pats.  Literally kill them.  Well, not literally, but...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: