VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 06:08:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard anything about when the 2016 schedule will come out?  (Read 7517 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 27, 2015, 02:43:06 EDT »

Last year, the SEC put the schedules for this season out in the first week of October, but we're well beyond that now and I still haven't heard anything.  I'm trying to plan at least one roadtrip (aTm) and I'd like to get some dates for these games.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 05:00:38 EDT »

Haven't seen a thing.  Didn't realize until your post that they identify the games without setting a date.   They really should know by now.  Likely satan has them being flogged for daring to schedule open dates prior to bammer.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 05:12:01 EDT »

Haven't seen a thing.  Didn't realize until your post that they identify the games without setting a date.   They really should know by now.  Likely satan has them being flogged for daring to schedule open dates prior to bammer.

Probably tongue in cheek.....but probably spot on too.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 05:13:40 EDT »

Haven't seen a thing.  Didn't realize until your post that they identify the games without setting a date.   They really should know by now.  Likely satan has them being flogged for daring to schedule open dates prior to bammer.

Before adding Mizzou and aTm, they used to put them out a couple years in advance.  Post-expansion, it's apparently a lot tougher and requires a tighter window.  But I don't think they've ever taken this long.

I'm actually thinking about making a week of it in TX leading up to that game.  Maybe visit SA, Austin, and the Hill Country.  I'd like to start reserving hotel rooms, but still don't know the date.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 12:01:30 EDT by Black Diamond Vol » Logged

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 04:52:54 EDT »

Hill Country.  

So you're going to Arlen? 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 06:30:37 EDT »

I know we play Appalachian State, the Hokies and Tennessee Tech. Who do we play from the SEC West besides Bama?

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2015, 06:37:41 EDT »

I know we play Appalachian State, the Hokies and Tennessee Tech. Who do we play from the SEC West besides Bama?

IIRC it's A&M. We're due to get them soon, for sure.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 06:46:05 EDT »

Yes...we play at A&M next year.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2015, 07:40:21 EDT »

There was also some talk about playing ETSU.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 12:55:58 EDT »

http://www.utsports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/102915aaq.html

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:03:18 EDT by TheRealOrange » Logged
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 01:28:49 EDT »

That schedule looks conducive to a good season. Never can tell who will be better or worse than expected. It is time to beat UF. Other than them and Bama, I see no one we shouldn't beat. I woudn't touch making a prediction at what our record should be. After the way this season has went, any one who thinks they can tell, is not dealing with a full deck. Do you trust our coach to ever run the table?

volsboyinsodak
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2015, 01:55:17 EDT »

FL...UGA...A&M...BAMA 4 weeks in a row! Ouch!
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2015, 04:18:36 EDT »

No bye week before Bama. Who sanctioned this shizzle? LOL!

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2015, 08:09:50 EDT »

Nice.  About time.  So we play aTm in early October.  It should still be pretty warm.  Does anyone know anything about the beaches near Houston?  I'm guessing they're not great, or else I would've heard more about them by now.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2015, 08:26:12 EDT »

Galveston beaches are not great; I wouldn't make a side trip there just for the beaches. Moody Gardens is probably the biggest draw for Galveston...I could be wrong, but you don't seem like a Moody Gardens kind of guy. There's a lot to do in Houston proper, though, if you're spending any amount of time there on your way to College Station.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2015, 08:31:23 EDT »

Galveston beaches are not great; I wouldn't make a side trip there just for the beaches. Moody Gardens is probably the biggest draw for Galveston...I could be wrong, but you don't seem like a Moody Gardens kind of guy. There's a lot to do in Houston proper, though, if you're spending any amount of time there on your way to College Station.

I'll probably be staying in Houston, with maybe an overnight trip to Austin and/or SA that week.  My only experiences in East Texas are layovers at the Houston Airport, and 6 weeks locked up at Lackland AFB for Basic.  So I basically know nothing about the area.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2015, 08:36:49 EDT »

SA and Austin are great. If you're heading that direction out of Houston, you might consider a side trip to Shiner, TX to tour the Spoetzl Brewery. Don't fail to stop at a Buc-ee's and get a bag of Buc-ee's Beaver Nuggets.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2015, 05:16:38 EDT »

I'll probably be staying in Houston, with maybe an overnight trip to Austin and/or SA that week.  My only experiences in East Texas are layovers at the Houston Airport, and 6 weeks locked up at Lackland AFB for Basic.  So I basically know nothing about the area.

I've spent quite a bit of time in Houston, though not recently.  It's a very fun place with lots to do, though it's not known for scenery.  The beaches in Galveston are pebbly and the water is a bit brackish, but it is a beach.  You might want to try to go to La Carafe downtown.  It's a really old bar in a building that has been around since 1847, and is a favorite of the locals. I had a good time there many years ago.   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: