VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 06:23:26 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good win.  (Read 1955 times)
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:23:58 EST »

Overall, I think the team played well. There were breakdowns here and there, but put a good butt whoopin' on the kitties.

Moseley got hosed, btw. Another example of a replay official ignoring obvious evidence, imo. He got penalized for hitting the receiver too hard, I guess.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:31:31 EST »

I know I should enjoy this win more, but it has caused me some frustration. We are a better team than our record indicates.
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:37:54 EST »

Told my brother-in-law tonight:  "We should be 7-1, 6-2 at worst, but it is what it is." All we can do is just hope that they finish off strong and get a good bowl win, I guess.

Next season, however, I will not be satisfied with anything less than an SEC east title.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 05:05:55 EST »

I understand the frustration, especially against Florida.

At the same time, we are only 2.5 seasons removed from back to back 1-7 SEC records.

My expectations for this year were 8-4 and we likely nail that.  Looking back, we "coulda shoulda" been ahead of schedule.

For me its a glass half full/half empty situation.  When I predicted 8-4 I figured at least 1, maybe 2 of the losses would be decisive, and I kind of thought bammer might still blow us out. Instead, I choose to believe that the bad losses were just the coaches and players part of a very painful process of growing into being a  good team again.

Particularly against OU and UF, I think a more seasoned team used to winning puts those games away, no problem.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: