VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 11:51:09 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This 2015 Volunteer offense  (Read 9500 times)
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:38:37 EST »

is currently averaging 36 points/game and 424 yards/game. With our remaining opponents, those numbers are likely to increase. DeBord has been a pleasant addition to this staff.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:03:55 EST »

https://footballconcepts.wordpress.com/2015/11/02/the-vols-new-dual-read-play/

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 12:38:49 EST »

A few weeks ago,  when everyone was calling for DeBord's head,  I was in the oppressed minority.   I think DeBord has a pretty darn sophisticated offense built to compensate for our less than dominating OL.   Plus,  just my opinion,  when we went into a shell with the leads against OU & UF,  DeBord may not have been the deciding force.   I think all coaches have grown thru adversity,  which was not a given response.   Right now,  I am as proud of the staff as I am of the players.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 07:14:11 EST »

A few weeks ago,  when everyone was calling for DeBord's head,  I was in the oppressed minority.   I think DeBord has a pretty darn sophisticated offense built to compensate for our less than dominating OL.   Plus,  just my opinion,  when we went into a shell with the leads against OU & UF,  DeBord may not have been the deciding force.   I think all coaches have grown thru adversity,  which was not a given response.   Right now,  I am as proud of the staff as I am of the players.
Does not matter. We lost those games. Who we blame it on is irrelevant. I blame it on the head coach. Just like last year. How many games would we have won if Dobbs started from game one?  But it seems everyone gives Butch a pass for everything.  Being 4-4 right now is a big underachievement considering how the Vols have played very well at times. It is the coaches fault they don't play their best every game. We played well vs UGa and Bama. Why not in the other games we lost?

volsboyinsodak
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 07:23:37 EST »

"Left guard Mack Crowder failed to make his block on the outside linebacker, but it wouldn’t matter"   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 07:49:55 EST »

Does not matter. We lost those games. Who we blame it on is irrelevant. I blame it on the head coach. Just like last year. How many games would we have won if Dobbs started from game one?  But it seems everyone gives Butch a pass for everything.  Being 4-4 right now is a big underachievement considering how the Vols have played very well at times. It is the coaches fault they don't play their best every game. We played well vs UGa and Bama. Why not in the other games we lost?

Most expected us to lose to Oklahoma, got excited abd now are just butt hurt  that we lost.

I see it this way. When you have ateam as downtrodden as the Vols were, with 3 star players that were poorly developed, it takes time to shed the culture of losing abd build the culture of winning.

Thats what I attribute the losses to uf and ou to alobg with a lack of depth that shows up late in the game and, yes , some questionable coaching decisions.

MO uga and bammer both show that the winning culture is returning and also that the coaches have learned from their mistakes.  The depth will come next year.

And...ahem...as I told you anyone semi knowledgable about football that knows the Vols at a detailed level expected us to be.much improved this year and be really good bext year.

That is EXACTLY what is happening!

Be happy...it's not too hard. Lmao

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2015, 07:53:15 EST »

"Left guard Mack Crowder failed to make his block on the outside linebacker, but it wouldn’t matter"   
You don't think it's possible a better coached player would make the block? I don't get it. What has Jones done to impress you besides recruit? Four losses are still four losses. When is he going to be expected to produce as a coach for some of these fans? I understand that most , including me predicted Vols would end up 8-4. So 8-4 is still okay with some fans no matter how the 8-4 record played out. So you don't feel this team should be 10-2? Why is UF winning the East? Coaching.

volsboyinsodak
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 08:24:12 EST »

You don't think it's possible a better coached player would make the block? I don't get it. What has Jones done to impress you besides recruit? Four losses are still four losses. When is he going to be expected to produce as a coach for some of these fans? I understand that most , including me predicted Vols would end up 8-4. So 8-4 is still okay with some fans no matter how the 8-4 record played out. So you don't feel this team should be 10-2? Why is UF winning the East? Coaching.

I'd like to inquire about your endgame. Is there some sort of signal you're anticipating that will tell you when you can stop saying the same thing over and over? How will you know when you've gotten through to us and can stop making basically the same argument in almost every thread you participate in? I ask because it doesn't seem to matter who responds, in what manner, or how many times. You'll start the same conversation again within a few days.

If I make a post stating "volsboy is right on all counts" and every other poster on the board responds with "+1," will that do it? 'Cause I bet most of us would be willing if it would help.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2015, 08:28:26 EST »

It's likely that we finish 5-3 in the sec this year. Last year we were 3-5. Dooley was 1-14 in his last two seasons. Chaney beat uk in the final game of 2012 to keep us from going winless in the sec for the first time ever and also losing 8 games for the first time ever.

You whine and complain about four losses 3 of which are to teams that may well finish in the top 10.

Do you agree that having our first winning record in the sec since 2007 is a major accomplishment? If not, I really wanna know why.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2015, 08:30:50 EST »

at least twice (one was the Bamer game) in his analysis last year similar words were used

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 08:32:53 EST »

I'd like to inquire about your endgame. Is there some sort of signal you're anticipating that will tell you when you can stop saying the same thing over and over? How will you know when you've gotten through to us and can stop making basically the same argument in almost every thread you participate in? I ask because it doesn't seem to matter who responds, in what manner, or how many times. You'll start the same conversation again within a few days.

If I make a post stating "volsboy is right on all counts" and every other poster on the board responds with "+1," will that do it? 'Cause I bet most of us would be willing if it would help.
Ground Hog hour was written about him ...

Actually he stated he was "on board" with Butch
Guess we didn't win big enough Saturday ...

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 09:06:14 EST »

So if you guys want to give Butch an A+ for his coaching job that is fine with me. Cudda, shudda, wudda. He should win these last four games. Why should't he have also won a couple of games he lost? What will you say if he loses one of these last 4? I know. Wait til next year. Why is it okay to not put his feet to the fire? I expect better whether you do or not.

volsboyinsodak
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2015, 09:08:53 EST »

So if you guys want to give Butch an A+ for his coaching job that is fine with me. Cudda, shudda, wudda. He should win these last four games. Why should't he have also won a couple of games he lost? What will you say if he loses one of these last 4? I know. Wait til next year. Why is it okay to not put his feet to the fire? I expect better whether you do or not.
no, we don't agree with your F and hatred all things Butch.  Until you let that hatred go, you will continue to be laughed at

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

volsboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2015, 09:23:37 EST »

no, we don't agree with your F and hatred all things Butch.  Until you let that hatred go, you will continue to be laughed at
Okay I'll let it go. You're okay with four losses and I am not. Just that simple. I said I would give him a mulligan if he beat Bama. A morale win doesn't count. He has beat Uga and KY. As it turns out, both are games he was supposed to win. UGa is a dumpster fire now. He has had some games that were well-played and well coached. Four losses makes those games moot.You are right though. I looked at some of my previous posts. They do sound retarded and bitter. Which I am not. I do want Butch to do well. He has shown signs of turning it around. I just want us to beat Bama regularly. Of course if you look at recentBama/UT history, nobody beats the other team consistently unless the other team is really down. I am just expecting too much too soon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:34:28 EST by volsboy » Logged

volsboyinsodak
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2015, 09:33:42 EST »

You realize that the bolded sentence (your own words, I might add) pretty much invalidates everything that followed, right?

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 09:42:17 EST »

You realize that the bolded sentence (your own words, I might add) pretty much invalidates everything that followed, right?
you assume way too much
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 09:57:31 EST by PirateVOL » Logged

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 12:19:21 EST »

It's apparent that the "Dark Side" is in Volsboy.  My suggestion is you need to get your ass on the coaching staff and show them how it's done! Outside that, you are merely an armchair quarterback who says the same shizzle over and over and over and over and over and over. What would you do? How would you do something to make it so damn different? you are very bold here on the board about how CBJ isn't a good coach just a good recruiter, how would the Volsboy coach the team and make it an undefeated team?  You have to have the ideas with all the negative shizzle you spew! Please get in touch with UT and find a way you can get on the coaching staff so maybe you can work your way up, hell, you sound like you have a secret way to make the boys National Champs, they may just make you head coach right off! Until then, PLEASE, AGAIN, PLEASE chill with the same old negative shizzle week after week, post after post!  It's really getting old!

GO VOLS!
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 01:23:29 EST »

Does not matter. We lost those games. Who we blame it on is irrelevant. I blame it on the head coach. Just like last year. How many games would we have won if Dobbs started from game one?  But it seems everyone gives Butch a pass for everything.  Being 4-4 right now is a big underachievement considering how the Vols have played very well at times. It is the coaches fault they don't play their best every game. We played well vs UGa and Bama. Why not in the other games we lost?

I have a couple of things to say to you.  First of all the team that Doolesbury left when he was given the heave ho was basically a FCS team with Southern conference talent (not SEC) and that comes from the highest authority in that there were 10 players at best that were SEC quality athletes.  So CBJ was coaching his ass off to win 5 games that first year.  So therefore CBJ did an over the top job in producing that first year.  Secondly, the games that we lost were to teams that may end the season in the highest caliber bowl games, and we took Bama to the last five minutes of the game leading a team that is currently in the final four playoff race.  I call that progress and it is fans like yourself that have no concept of what constitutes a successful coach.  

You obviously have a warped view of what has happened during the last couple of months so how about learning the rules that my dad impressed on me at an early age.....sometimes it is better to listen and learn than to open thy mouth and prove how dense you are.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 01:25:20 EST by EmerilVOL » Logged

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2015, 01:34:30 EST »

I have a couple of things to say to you.  First of all the team that Doolesbury left when he was given the heave ho was basically a FCS team with Southern conference talent (not SEC) and that comes from the highest authority in that there were 10 players at best that were SEC quality athletes.  So CBJ was coaching his ass off to win 5 games that first year.  So therefore CBJ did an over the top job in producing that first year.  Secondly, the games that we lost were to teams that may end the season in the highest caliber bowl games, and we took Bama to the last five minutes of the game leading a team that is currently in the final four playoff race.  I call that progress and it is fans like yourself that have no concept of what constitutes a successful coach.  

You obviously have a warped view of what has happened during the last couple of months so how about learning the rules that my dad impressed on me at an early age.....sometimes it is better to listen and learn than to open thy mouth and prove how dense you are.

He's probably one of those on VQ who ask what time the VOL Walk is, every freaking week!

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2015, 03:16:12 EST »

Merlin, is that you? Have you returned?

11B4PJ3F7
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2015, 05:02:33 EST »

Merlin, is that you? Have you returned?

Hah, I was thinkin it was JoeVols.  I had forgotten about Merlin!

FLVOL
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2015, 06:21:55 EST »

Hah, I was thinkin it was JoeVols.  I had forgotten about Merlin!
Let's not forget Chief Osceola, two of the best FSU fans ever. They gave me hours of fun
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 07:06:53 EST by FLVOL » Logged

11B4PJ3F7
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2015, 06:27:02 EST »

Hah, I was thinkin it was JoeVols.  I had forgotten about Merlin!
JV would be a step up

This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: